forum

osu! Mystery Match Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
h3k1ru
Hello, and welcome to mystery match tournament thread. You will not find any schedule or map pool here, because the point of these tournaments is a fast match between 7 non-supporter users. The reward will be an osu! supporter tag, supported by peppy. This thread is mostly for statistical purposes.

The tournament will be run 1 time per week. In future we will be looking to increase the amount of matches.

The Rules are as follows:

1. The participating player must be non-supporter.
  2. Amount of participants is limited to 7 per match.
  3. There is no map pool. The match will be run this way: the host will rotate every song, with each person choosing 1 map to play. Map must be Ranked (or Qualified). In total 7 maps will be played.
  4. Players will be scored based on ranking. 1st place will receive 7 points. 2nd place 6 points ... with 7th place receiving 1 point. The person with highest amount of points after 7 games will receive 2 months of supporter tag. The runner up will receive 1 month of supporter tag.
  5. If there is a tie, the tournament moderator reserves the right to choose a tiebreaker map.
  6. If there is any inappropriate behaviour from participants (ie. force starting the game before everyone finishes downloading or press ready etc.), the tournament moderator reserves the right to disqualify offending player.
Please keep in mind these matches may last more than 1 hour, so make sure you have enough time to complete the entire match.

The announcement of match will be made in #lobby channel, so keep your eyes on chat and with a bit of luck you can get in.

Previous matches:
Mystery Match #2
Multiplayer link: http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5726491
  1. 1st: ScreaM (40 points)
  2. 2nd: kushu (37 points)

Feel free to throw any questions or suggestions for match improve.
uzzi
Sounds like it'd be fun to participate in, but #osu of all places...
CuteCarlyCat
If it's still on i'd like to play something like that :)
DENKOUSEKKA
Sounds like it would be fun to participate in
eldnl
how can i join
Topic Starter
h3k1ru

eldnl wrote:

how can i join
The match will be announced in #lobby channel, unfortunately there no other way to know when tournament starts.
Mofu kun
I'll be in the lobby channel all day...

sigh..
6ixr
Thats a new way to start a match. So it will randomly appear in #lobby?
Marl_velius
well this sounds fun, guess i'll be lurk around #lobby for once
Mofu kun
Is this going on still? Haven't seen any updates lately.
-Rodo96-
interesant :)
Mofu kun
I'd love to know if this is still happening....

Guys?

Is anyone there?
JonasP
Time to do this for CTB
Azern
Any "signs" so that we knew when it occurs? (sounds like phenomenon)

But men... 1 time / week. That's really pain in the ass... I just have to hang to lucky to get that (the match, it's completely another story for the prize)
Legless
If I was a better player, I could probably do this.
Mofu kun
I think that this has stopped by now?

No updates for a while.
Topic Starter
h3k1ru
The tournament is currently "on hold". Please wait for future notice.