forum

Should I push it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dementedjet
For all of my time in mania I was playing on a flat membrane laptop keyboard, sitting my wrists on the built-in handrests. Also, the keys weren't sticking out, so basically a flat surface.

Quite long ago I bought myself a mechanical keyboard, with it's body already being quite high compared to my prev keyboard, and so now, when I want to play mania my hands and wrists hurt in places I never expected could hurt, probably because of the fact that I need to curl them up to be able to reach the keys

Should I push it and my hands will adapt or just leave playing osu?
UltraBlack
Find a better position, never push on anything when feeling pain
Topic Starter
Dementedjet

UltraBlack wrote:

Find a better position, never push on anything when feeling pain
There is literally no other position to play, only with my wrists curled up, and that's why I'm asking if adaptation here is possible
Wimpy Cursed
send da picture of keyboard
or even position
Stickman92
Get a wrist rest to elevate your wrist. Buy a keyboard wrist rest or fold up a hand towel. I prefer folding a hand towel.If you get the position somewhat similar to what you had on the laptop, the discomfort will probably go away.
Topic Starter
Dementedjet

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

send da picture of keyboard
or even position

My great drunk drawing skills show this
Wimpy Cursed
Unsure on how high your keyboard actually is, but

Stickman92 wrote:

Get a wrist rest to elevate your wrist. Buy a keyboard wrist rest or fold up a hand towel. I prefer folding a hand towel. If you get the position somewhat similar to what you had on the laptop, the discomfort will probably go away.
Or you can play wrist up.. It seems like you did that with your previous keyboard