forum

[osu!lazer] In-game Stutters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DuckOfDoom
Problem details: Been experiencing stutters for the past 1-2 weeks now, and tried several fixes such as :

- Changing the ingame renderer
- Using either in-game frame limiter or MSI Afterburner
- Also tried several fixes posted here https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues/11800
Hopefully someone can help : D

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Stutter happened at : 0.33 (Happened once in this recording, but in some occasions, it could happen more than once in longer beatmaps)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IGjQJVdlz7lT2BmJUCVw43sdCYefsEii/view

osu! version: Latest
spaceman_atlas
Well that stutter on the video looks like a gen2 GC happening, which will do this. That said, I do notice you're running "basically unlimited", which can actually make these more frequent. I'd recommend dropping the frame limiter (although you said you messed with it already, so I'm not holding my breath).

Not sure. Probably something we need to look over on our end and see if we haven't regressed anything wrt allocations during gameplay. You could also try going through wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting and seeing if anything helps.
Topic Starter
DuckOfDoom

spaceman_atlas wrote:

Well that stutter on the video looks like a gen2 GC happening, which will do this. That said, I do notice you're running "basically unlimited", which can actually make these more frequent. I'd recommend dropping the frame limiter (although you said you messed with it already, so I'm not holding my breath).

Not sure. Probably something we need to look over on our end and see if we haven't regressed anything wrt allocations during gameplay. You could also try going through wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting and seeing if anything helps.
Noticed that it does happen less frequently when I do set it to 2x Refresh Rate, which does help but still sorta feels bad when it does happen and lose a combo xD.
Still though thanks for the reply.
sbkm
I have this problem too, and only in osu. Hope it will be fixed!