forum

[resolved] [osu!stable] PP bugged?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MYMGoSuStyle
Problem details:Not Gaining PP, even tho im improving my old Scores. Sometimes I even loose PP even tho I have better acc. and combo

Can somebody explain?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)
spaceman_atlas
On stable, only the score with the highest total counts towards your total pp. So it is possible to set a score with a higher total but less pp, at which point you would indeed lose pp.

Is this the situation you're describing?

If yes, you might find it interesting that this is fixed in lazer (and there is a high chance it'll get fixed in stable as we roll out new infrastructure to support pp interactions with new lazer features).
Topic Starter
MYMGoSuStyle
@spaceman_atlas yes I think that describes it well. It feels like im Stuck rating wise even tho i feel improvment
goblinlit

MYMGoSuStyle wrote:

@spaceman_atlas yes I think that describes it well. It feels like im Stuck rating wise even tho i feel improvment
hey just wanted to give some words of encouragement, i was stuck for quite some time and i really felt like i had nothing left i could do to improve. i even made a reddit post asking for a coach but with a little guidance and a fair amount of playing, one day i got on and i was able to DT 1-2 stars higher than i had ever been able to before. and all of a sudden after that all my skills started jumping in ability and it was a solid leap of progress before it has now slowed down a lot. but i can promise you if someone like me who is very good at never being able to improve at video games. i did on this game so that really says something. i would say you should try finding the thing you struggle most with on the higher rating maps. the most obvious ones being can i click that fast? can i aim that fast? then moving to: what type of section in a map do i always fail on, streams? practice bursts! aim? practice jump maps! etc and also finger control is something you will notice you dont actually have developed like you think and can rlly hold you back :(. if this was too much advice im sorry. i just know what it feels like to be in your position
Topic Starter
MYMGoSuStyle

goblinlit wrote:

MYMGoSuStyle wrote:

hey just wanted to give some words of encouragement, i was stuck for quite some time and i really felt like i had nothing left i could do to improve. i even made a reddit post asking for a coach but with a little guidance and a fair amount of playing, one day i got on and i was able to DT 1-2 stars higher than i had ever been able to before. and all of a sudden after that all my skills started jumping in ability and it was a solid leap of progress before it has now slowed down a lot. but i can promise you if someone like me who is very good at never being able to improve at video games. i did on this game so that really says something. i would say you should try finding the thing you struggle most with on the higher rating maps. the most obvious ones being can i click that fast? can i aim that fast? then moving to: what type of section in a map do i always fail on, streams? practice bursts! aim? practice jump maps! etc and also finger control is something you will notice you dont actually have developed like you think and can rlly hold you back :(. if this was too much advice im sorry. i just know what it feels like to be in your position
Well I feel im getting better at streams, single tap etc even tho im Mouse Only but what I would say is that the PP doesnt reflect that and im curious why that is. It surely values differently then 10 years ago.
spaceman_atlas

MYMGoSuStyle wrote:

It surely values differently then 10 years ago.
It would do yes. The pp algorithm has seen several rebalances over the years, as a response to the community considering various maps to be out-of-balance (either under- or overweighted).
Topic Starter
MYMGoSuStyle

spaceman_atlas wrote:

MYMGoSuStyle wrote:

It surely values differently then 10 years ago.
It would do yes. The pp algorithm has seen several rebalances over the years, as a response to the community considering various maps to be out-of-balance (either under- or overweighted).
alright, thank you. That also explain why im not gaining points from old maps even tho i improve my personal best scores.