forum

[osu!stable] Most of my osu maps just disapeared one day

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anFNFplayer
Problem details:
So basically, I opened osu today and tried to play my usual warmup maps, but then I noticed the maps that I searched weren't there. I was confused, but then I went back to the main menu and to my horror, my total maps went from 17k to 700. I tried searching for a solution and found one. I pressed f5 and all my maps were back after a few minutes. Problem solved, right? Nope. Then I realized that all of my local scores were gone. Is there a way to get my local scores back? I can't bear losing tens of thousands of old scores. Also, can anyone explain why all my maps disappeared in the first place?

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)
Lyawi
Did you move osu! location or something? something messed up in your folders (that's probably also why they disappeared the first time)..
Topic Starter
anFNFplayer

Lyawi wrote:

Did you move osu! location or something? something messed up in your folders (that's probably also why they disappeared the first time)..
Nope, It was fine the day before, but then when I woke up to play osu the next day they just all dissapeared.
VoidGod
Have you tried refreshing all the maps by using f5 in-game?
Topic Starter
anFNFplayer

VoidGod wrote:

Have you tried refreshing all the maps by using f5 in-game?
Well the maps are still there, just none of the scores, and yes I've tried pressing f5 and it only brought back the maps not the scores.
Blushing
Can you look in your osu! folder to see if you have a backup of the scores.db, see if there is anything going on there, otherwise you might need to look in the Data/r folder (inside your osu! folder) and manually add back those scores that are there.
Topic Starter
anFNFplayer
Nope, don't have a backup of scores.db and wdym manually add those scores? I don't have them.
JustABeginner
Hi anFNFplayer!

You need to enable hidden items under the View > Show tab to see the Data > r folder in your osu! folder.
That is where Blushing tells you to manually add back the scores since you can't find a backup for score.db.