forum

I have a feeling I'll get hooked on this game :D

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jan Teto
Hi everyone!

I go by Teto online for privacy reasons ...and because I love Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind a whole hell of a lot. My username "jan Teto" just means "person called Teto" (any other toki pona speakers around here?) and apparently you can't change it without paying so I guess I'll be sticking with it! Oh, and my pronouns tend to change but it/it/its or he/him/his are good.

I'm curious what the age range is around here. I'm in my late 20s (well... let's be honest and say "I'm nearly 30") how old are you? In your experience, what sort of folks tend to play osu?

I've known about this game for ages (I think my brother or his gf might have originally reccommended it to me) but I didn't enjoy the default game mode at all so I dropped it very quicky. However, just yesterday I learned about the other game modes on youtube and I tried some Taiko today and fell in love with it immediately! I should have expected that as I used to play Rock Band 3 on the DS and was obsessed with it. I'm looking forward to improving my Taiko skills and the satisfaction of climbing up the difficulty levels. Also, it's awesome how many maps are available! For free! Rock Band had such a limited song list, so I'm absolutely looking forward to diving into all that!

I think I'll stick to Taiko mode for now as I'm planning to get into something from the DDR family as soon as I get around to buying a mat, and I'm a little worried that if I get into Mania then the similarity could mess up my muscle memory??? Taiko is very fun anyway so even if that's not a real problem then I'm happy to stick with the little drumming friend :D

Looking forward to meeting you all! Have a great day! <3
MaxIsABigKaiju

jan Teto wrote:

Hi everyone!

I go by Teto online for privacy reasons ...and because I love Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind a whole hell of a lot. My username "jan Teto" just means "person called Teto" (any other toki pona speakers around here?) and apparently you can't change it without paying so I guess I'll be sticking with it! Oh, and my pronouns tend to change but it/it/its or he/him/his are good.

I'm curious what the age range is around here. I'm in my late 20s (well... let's be honest and say "I'm nearly 30") how old are you? In your experience, what sort of folks tend to play osu?

I've known about this game for ages (I think my brother or his gf might have originally reccommended it to me) but I didn't enjoy the default game mode at all so I dropped it very quicky. However, just yesterday I learned about the other game modes on youtube and I tried some Taiko today and fell in love with it immediately! I should have expected that as I used to play Rock Band 3 on the DS and was obsessed with it. I'm looking forward to improving my Taiko skills and the satisfaction of climbing up the difficulty levels. Also, it's awesome how many maps are available! For free! Rock Band had such a limited song list, so I'm absolutely looking forward to diving into all that!

I think I'll stick to Taiko mode for now as I'm planning to get into something from the DDR family as soon as I get around to buying a mat, and I'm a little worried that if I get into Mania then the similarity could mess up my muscle memory??? Taiko is very fun anyway so even if that's not a real problem then I'm happy to stick with the little drumming friend :D

Looking forward to meeting you all! Have a great day! <3
toki mi jan pona! mi jan Make! :D sina pona pi toki e toki pona! JE MUTE!!!
Wimpy Cursed
Welcome to the game and forum pages.

A younger audience tends to play this game, but I cannot pinpoint an exact average.
So far, the people that I have meet are usually 13-16. There are older people that are around though.
great_elmo
Oh you are gonna get hooked on this game!