forum

[osu!web] when downloading songs on osu, they don't come with the .osz extension

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miko251
When going on the official osu website and downloading any beatmap they don't come with the .osz extension and they show the beatmap ID. They do work however when I change the file extension to .osz and launch it. I've tried to clear my site and cache data but it still does this. Issue started yesterday.

This happens to .osk (skins) files too

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)

EX. beatmapsets/2023926#osu/4223569

When downloading I get a file called 2023926 that has no extension
https://imgur.com/a/1NjtcZU

I go into file explorer and add the .osz extension onto it and open it

Osu detects this file and it works perfectly fine, but when I don't do it, the file asks for which program I want to open this with and after assigning it to osu it still doesn't open.
spaceman_atlas
If you download through the website the filename is supposed to contain the beatmap ID, then the artist and title, and then the extension, in that order. Example: 2095140 BilliumMoto - Amethyst Aurora.osz.

What browser are you using that's doing this? It's either terminally broken, or something else somewhere probably doesn't like spaces in paths. Where are you saving the beatmaps (namely, what filesystem is used on the destination partition)?
Topic Starter
Miko251
I use Firefox Nightly. It has worked fine in the past for downloading beatmaps, it's only started doing this super recently. I just save them to downloads (default).
spaceman_atlas
Well in checking, firefox 129.0.2 (stable) as well as 132.0a1 (nightly) work fine here, although I guess I tested on linux... I'll check on windows soon.

It could be a windows-specific bug in nightly, or it could be something else entirely. Do you recall if you installed some new software around the time this started happening?
Topic Starter
Miko251
Nothing new I did have a installer that would pop up every time I would download a osu song but after uninstalling it cause it got annoying the songs would still work fine, ever since then nothing really happened until I started downloading skins recently and it started doing the no extension files, and then now the songs are doing it.