forum

Any 2* stream maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RavenousWrath
Name says it all. I wanna try streams at my level, which is sub 3*. Got 2 maps which kinda look like stream maps. But I want more. Please recommend if you know any.
Winnyace
No. There aren't any. At Hard difficulty, so ~3* to ~4*, triplets and small bursts start to appear. Until then, these maps are introductory to the mechanics of the game and are mend to establish the foundation.

Streams vary massively and require a combination of stamina, speed, finger control, aim and rhythm. You barely even had 50 hours in this game. Unless you're a prodigy, you won't be able to do streams at all and even if you are, you still need to practice the basics before you even attempt to a stream.

Here's some advice you don't know you need: enjoy this game and don't give a single ounce of fuck about players around you if you actually want to improve at this. Take things easily and try to not skip things, especially now.
Happy Satoko
There are a few understarred older 2* that have a stream in them, I used to have a collection for these funny maps that I wish I still had. But even if I had them still they're 2* in name only, they wouldn't be very helpful. Almost all streams are going to be at 4*. Baby Baby Sayonara hard diff (3.05*) has a stream at the end, you could give that a shot. beatmapsets/28482#osu/94973
Topic Starter
RavenousWrath

Winnyace wrote:

No. There aren't any. At Hard difficulty, so ~3* to ~4*, triplets and small bursts start to appear. Until then, these maps are introductory to the mechanics of the game and are mend to establish the foundation.

Streams vary massively and require a combination of stamina, speed, finger control, aim and rhythm. You barely even had 50 hours in this game. Unless you're a prodigy, you won't be able to do streams at all and even if you are, you still need to practice the basics before you even attempt to a stream.

Here's some advice you don't know you need: enjoy this game and don't give a single ounce of fuck about players around you if you actually want to improve at this. Take things easily and try to not skip things, especially now.
Good call. Well mainly the last part.

I'm still 100% going to try find maps that look like they have streams even if they aren't actually streams. Like long sequences of, well, slow circles with long delays. But you're right. Screw everyone else. Fuck 'em. I'll have fun and enjoy it. And part of that is going to be finding maps with what I will now call 'fake streams.'

Also, not sure if you're saying triplets and small bursts start appearing at the 3* and 4* difficulties of *specifically stream maps* or in general, so forgive me for saying this, but I've already been running into triplets. They've been more of a pain stamina wise than timing wise though.

Anyways. You were right. Definitely needed that advice.
Voidedosu
Triplets/bursts typically start appearing more frequently at the 3* level, and start becoming basically ubiquitous by the time you hit 4*. You can see them even in the high 2* maps, too, though usually no lower than 2.8* or so naturally (aka not through adding dt). one of the ones that sticks out is Baeruna [Hard, I think?]by Urbangarde , as that has a 5-note burst near the very beginning and AFAIK is just a high 2* map. Another one is one of the mapsets for Koi no Orchestra [Hard], that has a fair amount of bursts in it despite being a low 3*/high 2* map.

As for "slow circles with long delays", I'm...not really sure what that's supposed to be. If you can find an example that'd be great.
Nanofranne
As fas as I know, there is no stream on 2* (I'd like to be proven wrong)

Even the basic 3 note burst is very limited to perhaps appeared one or two times on a random maps. 1-3* is mainly teaching you the absolute basic of osu! which basically make yourself know how to play the game.

Until you can increase your accuracy on your usual plays, best to learn how to burst before attempting to stream
I AM VERY SMART
There's literally no 2 stars stream maps