forum

#1 | How to Improve my consistency?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Im bad player
Consistency

Hello osu! comunity. Consistency is one of the basic elements of the game, which will help you reach your abilities much further, no matter what skillset you play. I can say I have a lot of tips I can grant to a lot of people, without saying the basic "Play more" advice from everyone. Without further ado let's start:

Let's start by the basics, If you want to generate consistency, this is going to take a long time of discipline, however, we will look for fun in the procedure, because not, the key is not to play maps which bore us, like the typical "deathstream 200bpm" of 5 minutes straight without stopping, because let's be honest, no one is amused by that (or very few ones..) I say this so you don't get scared and keep reading, this is not the typical forum post who will recommending boring maps to improve and do the opposite.

What it's consistency?
If we search on google, our first result will be an Oxford definition:

In the game, we call consistency the ability to maintain our performance during the game, to be able to follow the combo, to continue doing actions during tense moments of the map, before and after, until finishing, without our hands giving up in the process, giving us an notable advantage over others, and it can even help us beat maps and FC them much more easily. A great example of speed, stamina and ofc, consistency it's Akolibed play on Sidetracked Day HDDT

I would like to begin with some tips to make a strong consistency in game below.

1. Dont get frustrated, enjoy the game and enjoy the map during your journey improving.
  2. Restart many times as you can until get a good score won't help at all, it will make you mindblock and you will waste your time, instead of that, try to play other maps and wait a bit before trying again and again the same mapset.
  3. Play without pauses. Try to play until you get tired and can't hit anymore, until your last breath on each map you play. (Let's not confuse tiredness with pain, pain is bad and if you feel it, take a break.)
  4. Play longer maps than the usual, 4m to 30m should work very well, depending on your stamina.
  5. Stay hydrated, it seems useless, but being dehydrated while pushing yourself in your game session may significantly decrease your stamina in the game. So, keep your bottle of water by your side always. 🥤
  6. Remember, when trying to improve we will always get stuck for a while, or even feel like we have gotten worse, that is completely NORMAL. And it is the process of improving. Don't feel bad because you are trying to get one more skill for your collection and it is normal for it to be difficult at first. The key is "consistency" 🥇
  7. Playing a map or various mapsets in which you feel comfortable in each game session, (Obviously that contains consistency and long map duration) Play it 1-2 and even 3 times a day *Without restarting, or just a few times. Dont stress yourself. This can help motivate you more every day, to want to try to snipe your previous scores. Even if you make it or not, you still have even more scores to beat until you reach your top play. However: Don't always be fooled by a score, sometimes we improve in other aspects and other mapsets and different skillsets and it is normal. Don't stress about not being able to beat your best scores every day.
  8. Trying to push your limits once in a while is not a bad thing necessarily, and you shouldn't be afraid to try. However: Don't do it too often and try things that you know are doable for you but difficult at the same time, something that is challenging, not impossible.

We are getting over the end.

And I would like to finish with a osu!collection of maps for build a good and strong consistency at game, below I'll be dropping my osu!collection I personally made for y'all, It contains most 5-6-7 ⭐SR. So, go and try some maps and strong your consistency.

Osu!Collections

Here you can find my mappack
osu!collector

Special Thanks.
Neun_

For providing his personal tip (7th) and express positivity.

I AM VERY SMART
I like how this thread can easily be transcribed as a YouTube video

It's a good one
Neun_
Helpful post!
Currently trying to be consistent on 6*, and the tips are almost exactly the same as what I am currently doing. One extra thing I do is that I will put maps that I am comfortable with and maps that I choked into a collection, then proceeds to play them 1-2 times every time I opened osu. (without retrying)
while I don't know if this helps or not (cause I just started doing this 2 weeks ago), watching your play passing the previous ones could motivate you. Even if that doesn't happen, you still leave a record for yourself in the future to be beaten!
Topic Starter
Im bad player

Neun_ wrote:

Helpful post!
Currently trying to be consistent on 6*, and the tips are almost exactly the same as what I am currently doing. One extra thing I do is that I will put maps that I am comfortable with and maps that I choked into a collection, then proceeds to play them 1-2 times every time I opened osu. (without retrying)
while I don't know if this helps or not (cause I just started doing this 2 weeks ago), watching your play passing the previous ones could motivate you. Even if that doesn't happen, you still leave a record for yourself in the future to be beaten!
This one it's really interesting, because I do exactly that also and It's truth that can really motivate you, Doesn't care if you beat your previous score or not. Ill add it and tysm for your positivity and keep that grinding! <3
_mp1506
Staying hydrated is very important. I used to do 6 hours game session dehydrated. At first I didn't notice, but it does affect focus and it really is exhausting for the body and mind.