forum

Unable to login to osu! stable or osu! lazer on PC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RelicY
Problem details: I recently downloaded osu! lazer and tried logging in and was unable to. i tried multiple days in a row now to log in but it cant connect to the servers at all. even my osu! stable isn't connecting to the servers at all. i tried downloading osu! lazer on my phone and logging in there to make sure I'm not entering my info wrong and that worked perfectly fine. I'm not sure what the issue could be at all.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20240826.2
- Marco -
Try logging in once again on stable and post the network.log file (the default location is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!)

Or try logging in once again on lazer and post the latest ___.network.log file (the default location is C:\Users\<pcusername>\AppData\Roaming\osu\logs
Topic Starter
RelicY
lazer
[url][https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CXhxTno4IFmDifr7a63Q85mAfjPTtReifsolxE7XL74/edit?usp=sharing]
stable
[url][https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AuagNqCt8oqXtLhP5fpZ7C4UEjKa_LfZhWqLVYQ7EZ0/edit?usp=sharing]
spaceman_atlas
Both logs are showing connection timeouts but only on login endpoints specifically. Other requests that hit osu! domains seem to succeed.

Difficult to say for sure what the cause is but based on this circumstantial evidence I'd say it's likely someone is filtering your network requests and not allowing the login ones to pass. Are you attempting to log in on a work or school network?
Topic Starter
RelicY
no. it's my home internet.
spaceman_atlas
Are you able to test whether using a VPN service or something makes login work again? If you are able to test that and login works with VPN, then I think you might have to go talk to your ISP.
Topic Starter
RelicY
i don't have a vpn service so I'm not sure. why would my isp block osu!
spaceman_atlas
I have no idea why, but that is what it looks like.

Alternatively, you could try connecting from another network if you have access to one.