forum

osu!whisky: run osu! stable on macOS the smoother way

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nintendo 64
Recently I noticed that Technocoder's Wineskin will no longer be updated. (thank you for your service to the mac community <3) And I also found out about Whisky. (which is basically GPTK with a nice shell) So I thought: Why not combine osu! and Whisky to make one easy to use solution?

Presenting to you: osu!whisky.

Steps:
For fresh installation:
  1. Download Whisky at https://getwhisky.app/.
  2. Follow the first time setup, installing Rosetta & WhiskyWine.
  3. Download my pre-prepared bottle at https://mega.nz/file/DFoVCZ4R#-x4MUObcdbzNkQIv2X50IUZ_IHth6Q0ffhJ_b3pvSBw.
  4. Unzip the file and drag the folder into ~/Library/Containers/Whisky/Bottles.
  5. In the File menu of Whisky, choose Import Bottle and choose the bottle you just dragged to the folder.
  6. Finally, press the Run button for the bottle, navigate to the osu!install.exe file in drive_c, and click open.
  7. osu! should start installing and be working!
  8. Recommended: Click the Pin Program button, choose your osu!.exe file for the program path, and click Pin.
For those with an existing osu! installation: (or your bottle broke)
  1. Follow steps 1-5 from the previous guide.
  2. Press the Open C: Drive button, delete the osu!install.exe file, and drag your existing osu! installation folder in.
  3. Press the Run button for the bottle, navigate to your osu!.exe file and click Run, to test the bottle and installation are still functional.
  4. Optionally, also follow Step 8 of the previous guide.

Issues:
osu! is running laggy and/or in Compatibility Mode!
  1. Navigate to your Bottle Configuration and select Windows XP in the Windows Version tab.

Please tell me if any problems arise. Thanks!
stevennnn
just letting folks know that Whisky only works on Apple Silicon macs (M1, M2, etc.) and not Intel ones
Topic Starter
Nintendo 64

stevennnn wrote:

just letting folks know that Whisky only works on Apple Silicon macs (M1, M2, etc.) and not Intel ones
Yes indeed, thanks for this important info ;D