forum

4khz tablet frequency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sarcezi
Are there osu! players that's using frequency rate more than 1khz? How do you feel?
Today I tried to set higher polling rate on opentabletdriver and checked it on osu!
1000hz have 3ms delay, while 4000 have 1ms (wrong data on screenshot because of win+shift+s) delay
How higher HZ affects on gameplay and another smoothing filters?
Should I increase my smoothing latency?

VaternID
It's no need to set the frequency too high (like 4000hz), it will reduce your framerate and can cause any lag. Beside, changing frequency in the plugin will not changing the actual polling rate of your tablet. If I were you, I would lower the frequency to gain more fps while playing.

(This is just my opinion based on my experience, sorry if I'm wrong)
Topic Starter
sarcezi

VaternID wrote:

It's no need to set the frequency too high (like 4000hz), it will reduce your framerate and can cause any lag. Beside, changing frequency in the plugin will not changing the actual polling rate of your tablet. If I were you, I would lower the frequency to gain more fps while playing.

I feel, that 500hz better to use, but I really don't know, there are no problems with FPS or input lag, just think that 500 can be better then 1000, but scare to get used to 500hz
VaternID

sarcezi wrote:

VaternID wrote:

I feel, that 500hz better to use, but I really don't know, there are no problems with FPS or input lag, just think that 500 can be better then 1000, but scare to get used to 500hz
If you don't encounter any problems, it's up to you then. I once used the frequency more than 1000 Hz, and then my cursor started stuttering. I managed to resolve the issue by setting the frequency lower.
dung eater
1000hz will give you ~0.5ms additional delay, 4000 filter hz ~0.125ms. Assuming not synced with game, the game will randomly update cursor location between 0 and 1ms after the tablet driver updated it, with 1000hz, average 0.5ms.

the interpolation plugin gives you 0.5 reports to 1.5+ reports of delay.

depending on implementation, lower hz can give you less delay, if the interpolation plugin is smart and 'targets' a timing before next tablet report well, but not many plugins do that.