forum

[osu!stable] locked multiplayer room can't get unlocked completely

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
astro angelfish
Problem details:

I was developing and testing tournament bot for osu!stable. And tried to have an automated player sorting. To avoid desyncing, I used `!mp lock` command before each game start to prevent their movement and `!mp unlock` after the play finished.

But players keep complaining that they cannot change their slots or talking after unlocking. Did I missing something?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

This might be reproducible on player side. I didn't get a video for now.

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)
Naughty_chas
I was one of the testers in that multiplayer room. The use of !mp lock command and use !mp unlock afterwards may cause some strange effect including:

- Players cannot ready

- Players cannot choose their mods

- Players can receive chat messages but they cannot send them out (this problem might exist)
Blushing
From my testing, users were able to move and type after !mp lock and then !mp unlock.

!mp lock locked the ability to move slots and their ability to select mods, but it didnt stop the other functions you mentioned, can you get a video or something of this nature?
Topic Starter
astro angelfish

Blushing wrote:

From my testing, users were able to move and type after !mp lock and then !mp unlock.

!mp lock locked the ability to move slots and their ability to select mods, but it didnt stop the other functions you mentioned, can you get a video or something of this nature?
I'm unable to collect enough people to reproduce the problem. But the following sequence were performed:
0. Create the room with TeamVs, ScoreV2.
0.1. Player joins, bot would spam welcome message and !mp team commands to set player teams into desired even if they are already in the correct team.
1. Execute !mp lock command, prevent players from moving arbitrarily.
2. Execute !mp move command for a few times, moving players to desired position
2.1. bot moves the player to the slot they already are before it finishes its moving execution, which should not cause the issue
3. Execute !mp start 5 command to begin the match
4. Wait for the play finish
5. Play finish message from BanchoBot fired, bot waits 5 seconds.
6. !mp unlock command were executed.
7. Issue occurs, player can't change their teams, mods or slots.

I'm wondering your test procedure. I'm going to compare the difference and check my code again. By the way I was going to collect 8 people so it's hard for me to collect enough people without affecting confidence of the bot. But even if I screamed for help, no one comes. So I'm unable to reply this thread for a long time until I decided to publish my test procedure instead of the video.
Amrzs0971
Rather than the bot coding side, I would prefer blaming the multiplayer server.
Since we could see the message successfully sent in the test, and it should let us change teams and slots.
In case this happens, we may need to send this command again imo ;w;