forum

I keep clicking too fast and it's annoying

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GOROITAX
I noticed this when I was playing "Magical Girl!! by Shihori", I can control my streams pretty decently and my jumps have been improving, but I've always sucked at rhythm games and I cannot sense the rhythm or speed of a level at all, it's like I'm expecting something harder than I'm getting which is why I often play 4 - 4.80 star maps. Am I missing patience? A sense of rhythm perhaps?
Pokefan005
As someone who also had kind of awful rhythm sense, just keep playing and you'll get better. Eventually it just clicks (for me it was when I was FC-ing my first couple five stars but obviously it varies per person). One of those things that "play more" actually worked for.
Voidedosu
Play easier maps, and start paying very close attention to the rhythm of the map. Yes, missing patience is part of it, but you need to learn rhythm sense to get good at a rhythm game.

I say easier maps (probly no lower than 2.5*) because your focus should be on learning the rhythm and how to play along with that without being additionally stressed or frustrated by also having to play the difficulty, too.

Pokefan005 wrote:

As someone who also had kind of awful rhythm sense, just keep playing and you'll get better. Eventually it just clicks (for me it was when I was FC-ing my first couple five stars but obviously it varies per person). One of those things that "play more" actually worked for.
WHen it comes to rhythm sense specifically, "play more" isn't quite enough. It's true because you'll only get that learning by playing more (especially if Osu is one of/the first rhythm game you've played (or of anything musical since elementary school)), but you do need to put more thought into it than that. Pay attention to the beat of the map. How certain syllables in the lyrics or beats of the drum or guitar chords are accentuated by the objects or object placements. How each hit or slider-tick tends to be on the same beat as the song. That will help you find rhythm sense.
I AM VERY SMART
Play higher AR maps and normally you'll not click too fast