forum

[osu!stable] SwapBuffer lag windows

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
the boss bob
Problem details:
Windows 10. When my frames I notice that I have huge GPU loads and FPS drops when SwapBuffer is going nuts.
Usually a problem appears when I play a new map but I can not confirm it.
I have latest GPU drivers, clean windows installation and I run osu! in compatibility mode, which helped with other more frequent fps lags. I am not using "reduce dropped frames", as it doesn't help much. Turning off Background video or snaking sliders did not fix or worsen the problem

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)
Blushing
Are you playing on a laptop, desktop + monitor, or laptop + external monitor?

If you re playing desktop+monitor then I would recommend making sure that your monitor is plugged into the discrete graphics port, and to make sure that other people are not having any issues on the graphics drivers that you are currently running as well.
Topic Starter
the boss bob
I am running desktop+monitor and it is connected to my graphics card. Also a friend of mine has no problems with the same drivers.
tsunyoku
What FPS limiter are you using - does using Optimal help? Does this same problem occur regardless of whether you have compatibility mode turned on?
Topic Starter
the boss bob
it doesnt help and the compatibility improved the gameplay but didnt fixed the issue