forum

Question about the timing of a fulll map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flaskury
Problem details:Can I only rank a diff that lasts 4:30 minutes?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20240826.2
Jason X
The Ranking Criteria does mention the minimum difficulty requirement for a mapset to be ranked.
Assuming you're asking about osu mode, you can see the answer here: wiki/en/Ranking_criteria/osu%21#general

Your map is 4:32 long, though what matters is the drain time.
You can see the drain time on uploaded (submitted) maps when hovering the mouse over the length like this:

(screenshot from your map: beatmapsets/2240398 )

Anyway, yes, you can rank a single difficulty set, but only if you meet the required minimum difficulty rule mentioned in the Ranking Criteria.
Topic Starter
Flaskury
I understand, but what I mean is to try to rank the typical map that lasts 5 minutes of drainage without the need to have more diff.

Jason X wrote:

The Ranking Criteria does mention the minimum difficulty requirement for a mapset to be ranked.
Assuming you're asking about osu mode, you can see the answer here: wiki/en/Ranking_criteria/osu%21#general

Your map is 4:32 long, though what matters is the drain time.
You can see the drain time on uploaded (submitted) maps when hovering the mouse over the length like this:

(screenshot from your map: beatmapsets/2240398 )

Anyway, yes, you can rank a single difficulty set, but only if you meet the required minimum difficulty rule mentioned in the Ranking Criteria.
I understand, but what I mean is to try to rank the typical map that lasts 5 minutes of drainage without the need to have more diff in the set
chromb

^^ Ranking criteria

So yeah, if your map is above 5m long, you can get away with mapping only one diff.

If it's any shorter you may need to fill in additional diffs to meet the 'lowest difficulty' requirement.
Topic Starter
Flaskury

chromb wrote:

^^ Ranking criteria

So yeah, if your map is above 5m long, you can get away with mapping only one diff.

If it's any shorter you may need to fill in additional diffs to meet the 'lowest difficulty' requirement.
Could you send me the link to this guide?
- Marco -

Flaskury wrote:

chromb wrote:

^^ Ranking criteria

Could you send me the link to this guide?
wiki/en/Ranking_criteria/Simplified_ranking_criteria#spread