forum

I can't stop overtapping bursts/streams after switching to rapid trigger. HELP!!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YE irp
So a couple days ago I received my brand new apex pro mini. Since then, I started playing Osu! more often because I was excited to see the results of rapid trigger implementation. The first day felt normal with no drastic change in speed, but NOW. Now I can't play 5.8 - 6.5 maps (My skill range) that include long or short streams, or otherwise I'm hitting all notes 100's due to early tapping. I also struggle with bursts.
Granted that, I can now probably pass any 6 star stream maps and some 7 star 250 BPM maps (I easily passed "The deceit" with hard rock).

Have others experienced the same issue?
What do you think I can do to (re)gain finger control (if that's even the problem here...) for slower streams😭?

Stats:
- Full time jump player
- Rapid trigger sensitivity: 0.2 mm
- Actuation point: 0.7 mm
- Mouse: G pro wireless
Taxuma
i had a similar issue switching to rapid trigger
my issue was on the mental side
i kept subconsciously trying to "adjust" to fit it even tho there's nothing to actually adjust to and it really messed up my stamina and tapping for bursts and streams
try simply focusing on the circles letting your hand do most of the work almost automatically, just read and tap, hopefully it'll help cause it did for me

for early tapping device-wise i would suggest lowering your actuation point and see if it makes a difference

good luck
_mp1506

YE irp wrote:

So a couple days ago I received my brand new apex pro mini. Since then, I started playing Osu! more often because I was excited to see the results of rapid trigger implementation. The first day felt normal with no drastic change in speed, but NOW. Now I can't play 5.8 - 6.5 maps (My skill range) that include long or short streams, or otherwise I'm hitting all notes 100's due to early tapping. I also struggle with bursts.
Granted that, I can now probably pass any 6 star stream maps and some 7 star 250 BPM maps (I easily passed "The deceit" with hard rock).

Have others experienced the same issue?
What do you think I can do to (re)gain finger control (if that's even the problem here...) for slower streams😭?

Stats:
- Full time jump player
- Rapid trigger sensitivity: 0.2 mm
- Actuation point: 0.7 mm
- Mouse: G pro wireless
"Since then, I started playing Osu! more often because I was excited to see the results of rapid trigger implementation."
Call this^ mistake 2.

"The first day felt normal with no drastic change in speed, but NOW. Now I can't play 5.8 - 6.5 maps (My skill range) that include long or short streams, or otherwise I'm hitting all notes 100's due to early tapping. I also struggle with bursts."
Note that this is kinda normal to a certain degree when you switch keyboard. Incidentally you set it 0.7mm actuation point which is actually faster than my Keychron low profile switch at 1.1mm being yours isn't a low profile. Right?

Moving on to the main topic.
Mistake number 1 being you not realising what rapid trigger offers and the side-effects.
Mistake number 2 you being excited destroyed it all. Why? because the thing is overglorified in a sense. Related to mistake number 1.

OK so first thing I would like you to know that this thing I believe is what my comm. refer to as 'mind-block'. Which actually, I am experiencing it as of now, since 2018 even. I'll get back to it later.

Now, regarding the rapid trigger from your HE board. I believe it allows you to have more flexibility and made it easier to correct mistakes. The more you lean to it, the worse of a player you become. That's why I think your excitement destroyed your general gameplay. You just don't have that strong enough yet of a basic, provided you're actually a 4kpp player and your scores aren't that great tbh. A lot of shit-acc scores not corrected at all indicating that you're a pass-then-advance kind of player. In Taiko 4ks should have 97-98% acc mostly, idk about std, but yours are low acc and not even FCs.

That is not a good habit for players who wish to improve. It just means that you haven't perfected any skills which will make you inconsistent and have chances are you struggle to hit the same patterns consistently in excellence. It actually would destroy your momentum, since osu! is a rhythm game you would want to have a very smooth flow on your fingers hands, arms you name it. For instance, I read the forum regarding about the same problem as yours the other day. Guy bought a Wooting and just went WOO WOO on maps quite significantly harder than they can handle and happy with the new passes. Week later he suffer the same problem as you do.

Don't trade your basic skills for luxuries like this. If not handled properly, this is what happens. You should know that these playstyles that you have nurtured during your years are the greatest assets you have. Not the board.

Ok so, for the solution. You should re-train yourself, there is no other way I'm aware of. Get your basics back, get your acc and consistency up. Slow maps are good way to go to regain your finger control. Don't get too hasty.

Regarding the mindblock thing I talked about earlier. Can check my Taiko profile, a lot of my top plays are 7 years ago and I'm generally a worse player than myself at 2017. In my case, it was caused because I tried farming pp too hard, and forsook the mechanics I've been practicing for for 4 years prior just to get more quick little pps. Maybe it goes like that for 4 years until 2021 before I'm off the game and it also 'worsen' my mindset in the process.

Fully returned in May 2024, and been trying to re-train my form and consistency. Now, I could almost grasp what I had before but not quite there yet.

High acc and consistency allows you to learn new patterns and higher BPM faster than not. It's a currency you spend to learn new skills, roughly like that.

Wish you good luck.