forum

Any osu! Medals idea?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
Speaking to the players who collect medals for enjoyment, have you ever thought of any osu! medals ideas you want to implement in the game?
BlueChinchompa
Kirby Beatmap Pack Medal plesae
7ambda
Some ones posted from medal hunters discord

Illegal Activities (DJ Dedf1sh)
Hint: You normally get banned for doing this!
Subhint: He somehow got away with it.
Solution: FC this map: VINXIS - Left Behind

CTB challenge pack: Release Hallucination (Edgar_Figaro)
Currently we only have challenge packs for standard and imo this would be a perfect one for ctb. Release Hallucination is an FA, yet no pack medal exists currently. CTB has multiple high difficulty maps by this artist; it would make for a perfect challenge to pass them all without diff-reducing mods. This pack would include:

1. Chronostasis (-Rustyy)
  2. Lovers in Abyss (Daletto)
  3. Ariadne (Dea ex Machina)
  4. I.F (bigh)
  5. Vanitas (Spectator)
There is also a 2nd Chronostasis ranked by Daletto, but I think Rustyy's map fits better so that it's 5 unique mappers (already have Daletto for Lovers in Abyss).

Sugarfree (Eth22)
Hint: In a land full of sweets, not falter you must.
Subhint: Years later, the legend came back.
Solution: Pass top diff of CANDYYYLAND with 80%+ accuracy. No reduction mods are allowed.

Alphabetization (acc hacked)
Hint: Still counting the letters.
Subhint: The large characters that symbolize your journey.
Solution: According to their first letter, submit a score that has the same rank as this letter.
For example: set an SS rank on Not Secured, Loose Ends - ssixth, then an S rank on Nintendo - Super Mario Bros. (TECHNO remix), then an A rank on Glamour of the Kill - A Hope in Hell, etc... all the way to D rank.

Minesweeper (SMG3)
Hint: Don’t make it explode!
Subhint: That bomb has been artificially made.
Solution: Play any ranked mapset of Artifical Intelligence Bomb. Play difficulties until the sum of your total star ratings combined gives a total of 19.9*. For example, play 3.5 then another 3.5, which makes 7* total, etc... until you get 19.9. The same difficulty can be repeated if desired, but is not recommended. Playing any map with the tags “artificial intelligence bomb” IN ORDER also work.

Reason for solution: 19.90 (or 1990) is the release year of Minesweeper for Microsoft Windows devices.

Timekeeper (Shina)
Hint: When the clock strikes 12.
Subhint: Lost in rhythm's embrace.
Solution: Set a ≤60 (cv) UR play on a xx:00 length map with a BPM that is a multiple of 60. The map must follow the length and bpm criteria after mods.
chasedigi

7ambda wrote:

Currently we only have challenge packs for standard and imo this would be a perfect one for ctb. Release Hallucination is an FA, yet no pack medal exists currently. CTB has multiple high difficulty maps by this artist; it would make for a perfect challenge to pass them all without diff-reducing mods. This pack would include:

4. I.F (bigh)
  5. Vanitas (Spectator)
There is also a 2nd Chronostasis ranked by Daletto, but I think Rustyy's map fits better so that it's 5 unique mappers (already have Daletto for Lovers in Abyss).

Sugarfree (Eth22)
Solution: Pass top diff of CANDYYYLAND with 80%+ accuracy. No reduction mods are allowed.

Solution: According to their first letter, submit a score that has the same rank as this letter.
For example: set an SS rank on Not Secured, Loose Ends - ssixth, then an S rank on Nintendo - Super Mario Bros. (TECHNO remix), then an A rank on Glamour of the Kill - A Hope in Hell, etc... all the way to D rank.

Minesweeper (SMG3)
Solution: Play any ranked mapset of Artifical Intelligence Bomb. Play difficulties until the sum of your total star ratings combined gives a total of 19.9*. For example, play 3.5 then another 3.5, which makes 7* total, etc... until you get 19.9. The same difficulty can be repeated if desired, but is not recommended. Playing any map with the tags “artificial intelligence bomb” IN ORDER also work.

Reason for solution: 19.90 (or 1990) is the release year of Minesweeper for Microsoft Windows devices.

Timekeeper (Shina)
Solution: Set a ≤60 (cv) UR play on a xx:00 length map with a BPM that is a multiple of 60. The map must follow the length and bpm criteria after mods.
this
Voidedosu

7ambda wrote:

4. I.F (bigh)
  5. Vanitas (Spectator)

Sugarfree (Eth22)

Minesweeper (SMG3)

Timekeeper (Shina)
Best ideas. Better than what I could think up.

My unintelligent self and personal bias can only come up with milestone medals for SS's, alongside medals for passing/FCing/SSing all 1-4* maps, passing/FCing 5-7*, and passing all 8*+ (any mods, even reduction mods).

Okay, some semi-decent suggestions:

1. Some medal based around the 2023 Osu GF tiebreaker map
2. FCing the same map Worst HR Player did in the same GF with at least HR and over 95-99%.
3. SS-ing one the two top diffs of Fever dream ([Insane] or [Infinity]) but missing within the last ten notes of the map

If I could remember the map names I'd try to come up with funny titles for 1 and 2, but for the 3rd I'd say something along the lines of "All is but a dream" as a title.

Similarly, do something with various song titles that have "dream" in the name that involve missing or something that relates to jarring yourself out of a dream or realizing it is a dream.
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Kirby Beatmap Pack Medal plesae
Are you trolling or is it for real?? XD

7ambda wrote:

4. I.F (bigh)
  5. Vanitas (Spectator)

Sugarfree (Eth22)

Minesweeper (SMG3)

Timekeeper (Shina)
1. That would be very funny, but the hint and subhint really need a rework
2. Sure! If there's a CTB challenge pack, there must also be a taiko and mania challenge pack!
3. Basicallly "The Future Is Now" but harder...
4. LMAOOOO I'M THE ONE WHO SENT THIS (and my acc wasn't hacked, I just deleted it)
5. Very technical medal; probably won't be accepted but I like the idea!
6. I don't know about this one ngl
Voidedosu
Any hint that involves hinting at a player that came back to finish something or otherwise fix a score they made in the past should probably be reworked. Unless it's something uniformly iconic that anyone could find/know relatively easily (such as Cookiezi's Freedom dive score, aetrna's Ascension to Heaven, Accolibed's Sidtracked/Valley of the damned scores, etc.), it's relying on people knowing about players that may have been notable in their time but wouldn't necessarily be that well-known today unless you're just a huge Osu history buff or something.

(This from the standpoint of a player who either doesn't know about osekai or other medal hunters, or is otherwise trying to figure them out by themselves.)
ITotallyGetThat
take advantage of the new mods in lazer. for example, use barrel roll mod on a map with star fox in the tags
7ambda

ITotallyGetThat wrote:

take advantage of the new mods in lazer. for example, use barrel roll mod on a map with star fox in the tags
I totally forgot about that but yes
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

ITotallyGetThat wrote:

You need to ask chromb if it's already possible to have a medal related to lazer mods (conversion & fun)
Jangsoodlor
10,000 posts commemoration medal