forum

AUSNZ osu!standard Tourney (Concluded, Tokichii wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Illkryn

Blazened wrote:

Is this still a thing ? lel

Yes, just had a few delays that were err... out of my control...

(got silenced lel)
Blazened
Lel happens.

Well sign me up for failure :^) jks im gonna win
6ixr
Is it too late for me to join. If not, Lemme join! XD
deadbeat
IchigoSaki and Blazened added to the player list
Patyfatycake
Too many good players for me to bother :o

Best of luck though.
Envisionise

Patyfatycake wrote:

Best of luck though.
Enter anyway! It's just for fun, and it's good for meeting other Australian players. It's a good opportunity, don't miss out!

I wanted to do something similar for osu!mania, but currently we have too less oceanic players :c.
6ixr

Envisionise wrote:

Patyfatycake wrote:

Best of luck though.
Enter anyway! It's just for fun, and it's good for meeting other Australian players. It's a good opportunity, don't miss out!

I wanted to do something similar for osu!mania, but currently we have too less oceanic players :c.
I'm Sire there would be enough players for an Osu!Mania Tournament. I would join and i'm sure others would.
EDIT: Sure*
B1rd
KamiyoSama changed his name?
6ixr

B1rd wrote:

KamiyoSama changed his name?
Yeah,it Tokichii. This is his Profile. http://osu.ppy.sh/u/557197 Sorry Tokichii if i wasn't allowed to link your profile.
Filthy Casual
Is this still going? Sign me up! :D
guppppppy
yahooooooo~

sign me up boyz (◠‿◠✿)
Azsry
May as well try :3
sellyme
I'll probably get blown out of the water, but hey, I'm in.
Jaybladezz
keen2die
Bloodmoon_old_1
I think i will join this :3

I hope I don't pass out from sheer nerves though X_X
[Vincent]
Well since bloodmoon wants me to join, I'm in I guess
Tangerine
ueeeeee... count me in, sounds fun.
gimly32
I'm in, seems like fun. :)
buny
Add me.
Bloodmoon_old_1
:( After chatting with Illkryn a little now that he has his computer fixed, I suggested that I can help out with the organization and such ^_^

*Groups idea was scrapped

Illkryn agrees that we need a limit on the number of participants, and *64 will be that limit.There are currently 58 players, so there are 6 more spots to fill!. If you wish to join, you can contact Illkryn or Bloodmoon (me) through the in game client/with PMs, or post your interest in this thread :).

We are planning to hold the tourney during the holidays roughly 6 weeks away just after most people have finished exams, some time just beyond the 27th of June. The first round will be hosted on a Monday from 7pm to 10pm, the 2nd on Wednesday and third Friday.

The maps will generally be limited to 4mins, so the Best of Five matches should generally last no longer than 20 mins. At the end of each match, we will need a screenshot of the results, so you will need to have puush or similar software capable of uploading screenshots. It will be pretty chill, but if any problems do happen during that time you can message me or Illkryn and we will try to sort it out.

Thankyou to everyone showing interest, and good luck! :)
Happyjon
You got my pp wrong, that's my mania pp, not standard.

Also I'm not sure if I can participate any more since I might be in Lancashire then...
Bloodmoon_old_1

Happyjon wrote:

Also I'm not sure if I can participate any more since I might be in Lancashire then...
haha, I was worried I'd make that mistake >:D, fixed.

kk, we could possibly host your match at an earlier date, we'll see what happens :)
6ixr

Bloodmoon wrote:

Happyjon wrote:

haha, I was worried I'd make that mistake >:D, fixed.

kk, we could possibly host your match at an earlier date, we'll see what happens :)
Sorry but my PP is wrong as well, that's my CtB PP XD
B1rd
oh well since there's an appropriate tier I guess I'll join, it'll be fun~
Melt3dCheeze
Why am I vsing Tokichii? ;w;

Edit: on the side note, you still managed to get my pp incorrect, and the assorting of groups through pp isn't the best choice tbh, I thought this was suppose to be a mixture of skills rather than classifying a set group and basing matches off those set groups.
MEK
i think happyjon's pp is still wrong :( pls i dont want to die 1st round
B1rd

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Why am I vsing Tokichii? ;w;

Edit: on the side note, you still managed to get my pp incorrect, and the assorting of groups through pp isn't the best choice tbh, I thought this was suppose to be a mixture of skills rather than classifying a set group and basing matches off those set groups.
what would you suggest then? 400pp mixed in with 4000pp doesn't seem like a good idea.
Melt3dCheeze

B1rd wrote:

what would you suggest then? 400pp mixed in with 4000pp doesn't seem like a good idea.
1st Round maps are going to be easier compared to others I assume, no point putting the best against the best since it'll become acc war which would be boring. Maybe split us in half, best vs middle, 2nd best vs person below middle etc etc
Unluckee
The amount of pp shouldn't decide who you are versing it should be the best performances of each player that should decide who they verse so that there is more balance.
(Just my opinion)
Happyjon

Honestly, how hard is it to copy down a 4 digit number?

B1rd wrote:

That's perfectly fine, the first round maps will be easy enough for most people to play, and those 400pp players are pretty much going to get eliminated first no matter what. It's boring if the best players knock each other out at the start.
Curty2
Sign me up :)
Curty2
Sign me up :)
Bloodmoon_old_1

Happyjon wrote:

Honestly, how hard is it to copy down a 4 digit number?

B1rd wrote:

That's perfectly fine, the first round maps will be easy enough for most people to play, and those 400pp players are pretty much going to get eliminated first no matter what. It's boring if the best players knock each other out at the start.
haha, my bad I think my internet died and interrupted the update >:D

You have a good point. I'll rearrange it, I have something in mind ^_^

If there are any more incorrect values, please don't hesitate to tell me. These are actually just temporary values and will be updated closer to the actual date of the tourney, it's just so we get an idea of how it's going to happen.

Just switching to traditional seeding rules, and I'd also like to mention that the top 4 players from lower groups will proceed into the higher groups. So if you place high in group C, you will move into group B.

*just updated most of the brackets and added the new players [58/64]*
Lambtron
Pretty useless and rusty :S
but I do indeed like to click me some circles, sounds like fun ^^
Melt3dCheeze

Bloodmoon wrote:

If there are any more incorrect values, please don't hesitate to tell me. These are actually just temporary values and will be updated closer to the actual date of the tourney, it's just so we get an idea of how it's going to happen.

Just switching to traditional seeding rules, and I'd also like to mention that the top 4 players from lower groups will proceed into the higher groups. So if you place high in group C, you will move into group B.

*just updated most of the brackets and added the new players [50/60]*
Shouldn't the host of the tourney be the one in control about brackets and groups?
Jaytiel
Sounds fun, count me in!
Bloodmoon_old_1

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Bloodmoon wrote:

*just updated most of the brackets and added the new players [50/60]*
Shouldn't the host of the tourney be the one in control about brackets and groups?
Ultimately he is, I'm just setting up the pins and we're talking it through so we can get it right, this is more of a building block than anything. He said he'd probably be sorting things out later, I just want to test things and try to push it forwards a little.

At the moment the tournament is split into 3 because there is a huge discrepancy between player skill and it will be easier to set up map-pools and easier to organize. I think this is for the best, it would be unsatisfying seeing a 5k pp player against a 100pp player, where they pick AR7 maps and you pick something years beyond them. Maybe we could do 2 groups and split the map-pools by round, I'll ask around :)

edit: yeah, we agreed the 2 groups sounds better
Happyjon
I don't think you understand basic maths, 2^6 = 64, not 60.
- Xest -
This looks like fun, sign me up D:
Bloodmoon_old_1

Happyjon wrote:

I don't think you understand basic maths, 2^6 = 64, not 60.
Happyjon pls, it was an arbitrary number ._.

I'll check with Illkryn, but that sounds like a good idea to me.

[*updated players]
show more