forum

[osu!lazer] Date and time issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
trishudapotat
Problem details:
hi! im having a bit of an issue with osu. I recently dual-booted and used timedatectl set-local-rtc 1 to make the time correct. However, now osu tells me that my date and time are incorrect and that my score will not be submitted. How do I fix this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://freeimage.host/i/dWCRjJ1
(sorry if the image doesnt load, please use the link instead)

osu! version: Lazer 2024.817.0
Blushing
So the command you did is supposed to make the linux OS use the local time, correct?

Did you try using osu! before setting the date and time? i know that dualbooting causes some time issues because it expects it to be using UTC or Local time, but was your other OS using UTC or Local?
Topic Starter
trishudapotat
Firstly, I used the command that sets windows to the right time. (sets it to local time instead of universal time) I believe my other OS was using Local... What exactly do you mean by trying osu! before setting the date and time? Something else thats weird is my chrome being behind even when the system is set to the correct time. (For example, it says i made this post 3 hours ago) So that might be related??? Another maybe useful thing is that it works on linux (doesnt give me the error)

UPDATE: I changed my utc time zone on windows and it seems to be working (for now)
spaceman_atlas
Things are unfortunately wonky on dual boot setups, both linux and windows want to pull in their own direction as to what time gets stored to the RTC. As long as you change either end to respect the other's preference things should work.
Topic Starter
trishudapotat
today, even after changing the timezone, the time is behind... i tried using the command that makes both the right time and stays like it, but osu says it isnt the right time... (unresolved)