forum

[added] [Proposal - osu!taiko] Change futsuu guideline regarding SV usage

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
realy0_
OLD:

Futsuu :

- Simple Slider velocity changes may be used.

NEW:

Futsuu :

+ Manipulating slider velocity is allowed, but slider velocity should only be changed for sections of music with different pacings and should not be drastically variable. (currently in Muzukashii)

OR

+ Slider velocity changes may be used cautiously. Changes should only happen for sections of different pacings and slider velocity should not be drastically variable. (currently in Kantan/Futsuu lowest diff)

The main aim of this proposal is to make this guideline more consistent with what we currently have in the RC and clarify the sv usage.

I've noticed those inconsistencies when reading the RC regarding sv usage on low difficulties. I think the current guideline could imply more freedom on sv usage compared to the current muzukashii guideline, mainly for the reason that simple sv usage is not clearly defined. We could potentially have fast speedups/slowdowns that could be allowed while in muzukashii, it would be questionnable.
Hivie

realy0_ wrote:

+ Slider velocity changes may be used cautiously. Changes should only happen for sections of different pacings and slider velocity should not be drastically variable. (currently in Kantan/Futsuu lowest diff)
personally in favor of this, as that's how Futsuu SVs are currently being handled (and have been for the past few years) standards-wise.
meiqth
+1 to the latter change

clarifying on how it's actually being used with something that already exists is good
Alchyr
i don't see any issue when it's basically just clarification

(i prefer wording of second version)
Topic Starter
realy0_
i'm fine going with the 2nd version
OnosakiHito

realy0_ wrote:

+ Slider velocity changes may be used cautiously. Changes should only happen for sections of different pacings and slider velocity should not be drastically variable. (currently in Kantan/Futsuu lowest diff)[/notice]
I'm fine with this one, yeah. There is really nothing more to add from my side.
Hivie