forum

Td as the first fc

posted
Total Posts

should TD be considered as the first FC?

Yes
30.00%
No
70.00%
Total votes: 10
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Sukei
If a map that has no FCs gets fcd by a TD player should It be considered the first FC?
Naiad
Hell no. It's VASTLY easier on any map where the primary difficulty is aim.
I AM VERY SMART
Playing with mouse/tablet and playing with TD are very different, but I guess a FC is a FC
Ymir
If it's a map that's geared towards being pretty much only FCable with TD then sure.
BlueChinchompa
Well if we are being very technical then yes it is since its the first ever S rank FC on a map.

I think its better to just categorize them

First TD FC and then first Non-TD FC
I AM VERY SMART

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Well if we are being very technical then yes it is since its the first ever S rank FC on a map.

I think its better to just categorize them

First TD FC and then first Non-TD FC
So technically it is a FC, but not a normal FC as we'd hoped

Also, why is there 7 dudes who said no wtf??
bathbombman
That would be like saying the first HT fc counts as the first fc, TD makes aim maps wayy easier
Naiad

bathbombman wrote:

That would be like saying the first HT fc counts as the first fc, TD makes aim maps wayy easier
Complete agreeance here. Obviously it's technically an FC as in one did not sliderbreak/miss at any point in the map. No one disputes that. The problem is that isn't really the crux of the debate. In common osu related speech a HT FC would not be referred to as the first FC on a map, and TD should be treated similarly.
I AM VERY SMART

Naiad wrote:

bathbombman wrote:

Complete agreeance here. Obviously it's technically an FC as in one did not sliderbreak/miss at any point in the map. No one disputes that. The problem is that isn't really the crux of the debate. In common osu related speech a HT FC would not be referred to as the first FC on a map, and TD should be treated similarly.
If you take the definition of a Full Combo literally, it would be a score that has obtained the maximum possible combo on a map. Having a FC with HT is still a FC even if it makes the map easier, same thing goes for TD.

It's just dumb to think that "a HT FC would not be referred to as the first FC on a map" just because it's a difficulty reduction mod...
Naiad

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Naiad wrote:

bathbombman wrote:

If you take the definition of a Full Combo literally, it would be a score that has obtained the maximum possible combo on a map. Having a FC with HT is still a FC even if it makes the map easier, same thing goes for TD.

It's just dumb to think that "a HT FC would not be referred to as the first FC on a map" just because it's a difficulty reduction mod...
Dumb or not, that's just how it is. Long before the first nomod FC on goodbye, many people had FCed with HT. No one called them the first FC. Ryuk's nomod FC was hailed as the first FC by the entire community.