forum

[resolved] remove personal info/metadata from beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Joltie
Does anyone know if there is any personal info or metadata that needs to be removed from any beatmap files before uploading. Do I need to for example remove metadata from the audio/background files?
Blushing
There are websites and tools that can extract and show you the metadata of files, but normally no you dont need to hide anything or remove any metadata as it is hardly important.

Good rule of thumb is that if you are worried about location metadata or something like that on a file or image then better to just not use that image or find another file online/remove the metadata but I am not sure a lot of folks that play the game know how to extract that specific information.
Topic Starter
Joltie

Blushing wrote:

There are websites and tools that can extract and show you the metadata of files, but normally no you dont need to hide anything or remove any metadata as it is hardly important.

Good rule of thumb is that if you are worried about location metadata or something like that on a file or image then better to just not use that image or find another file online/remove the metadata but I am not sure a lot of folks that play the game know how to extract that specific information.
thanks for your reply, what you're saying is there's nothing too identifiable in there anyway?
Blushing

Joltie wrote:

Blushing wrote:

thanks for your reply, what you're saying is there's nothing too identifiable in there anyway?
more than likely there is no identifiable information in the metadata, and if there is you can always reach out to support@ppy.sh and they will remove it
Topic Starter
Joltie

Blushing wrote:

Joltie wrote:

Blushing wrote:

more than likely there is no identifiable information in the metadata, and if there is you can always reach out to support@ppy.sh and they will remove it
okey, thank you so much :D