forum

What's the weirdest playstyle you've ever tried?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART
I'm a normie so the weirdest playstyle I've ever tried was playing tablet only :cry:
_mp1506
I'm a Taiko player, so the weirdest playstyle I've tried is with this bind: we=dons(red) sq=kats(blue). Where usually I play x. don and z/ kat (kddk player) It's quite hellish even with the board positioned vertical.
I played std. The funniest playstyle I've ever done is playing a normal map with normal bind while holding the smoke all the way through. Quite enjoyable sight.
NikoN1nja
I once tried to aim with my tapping hand and tap with my aiming one. Didn't go well.
NicNock
ring middle, which I actually used for the first few months of playing osu!. kind of weird to think that I could've been a ring middle player in some alternate reality, would I "love streams" as much as I do now?

now I use the usual middle index
EnigmaticG
I've tried playing with my left pinky finger only in taiko before for laughs. Needless to say, I quit pretty quickly.
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

NikoN1nja wrote:

I once tried to aim with my tapping hand and tap with my aiming one. Didn't go well.
I remember doing that back in 2022 when I just installed the game since I didn't know what to do. It was quite disastrous XD

NicNock wrote:

ring middle, which I actually used for the first few months of playing osu!. kind of weird to think that I could've been a ring middle player in some alternate reality, would I "love streams" as much as I do now?

now I use the usual middle index
Ring middle is actually not a weird playstyle; there are a few pro players who are using it instead of middle index
AccountWontWork
Topic Starter
I AM VERY SMART

AccountWontWork wrote:

I've already seen this video before! What mouse did you use for the liveplay btw?
Babilfrenzo
I switched to aiming with my non-dominant hand in mid 2021, but I don't really think of it as a weird playstyle since I know others who have done the same and it becomes second nature after a while. The weirdest playstyle I've tried is probably flipping the x and y axes on the tablet, so moving the pen up or down would make the cursor go left or right, and vice versa.

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Ring middle is actually not a weird playstyle; there are a few pro players who are using it instead of middle index
Ring-middle is pretty weird, maybe you're thinking of ring-index?

The weirdest playstyle I've ever heard of would have to be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25XTscgFHYE
AccountWontWork

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

AccountWontWork wrote:

I've already seen this video before! What mouse did you use for the liveplay btw?
Deathadder V2