forum

[resolved] [osu!stable] osu! wont connect to bancho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hdao
My osu wont connect to bancho, at first it could connect but after that it wont anymore, and i've tried multiple solutions but it wont work except using vpn, but today when i tried to use the vpn it wont work anymore, any solution could help me? My windows version is windows 7 and my ISP is not blocking osu! (i know this bc me and my friend use the same network but he could connect when im not), windows firewall are off.

my osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
tsunyoku
what error are you seeing? can you try connecting with the cutting edge release stream and uploading your logs? (help with logs available here)
Topic Starter
hdao

tsunyoku wrote:

what error are you seeing? can you try connecting with the cutting edge release stream and uploading your logs? (help with logs available here)
i have tried but it not possible bc it cannot connect to the game server
https://imgur.com/a/mJ7LBBb
Lyawi

Need the network.log. You can just paste it here.
Topic Starter
hdao

Lyawi wrote:

Need the network.log. You can just paste it here.
i dont have the network log, all the logs i included in the picture are from stable version.
https://imgur.com/a/2uuol7r
tsunyoku
if you can't switch to cutting edge, there isn't going to be a network log since it's only created when on that release stream. i'm not immediately sure but it sounds like it has to be something specific about the network configuration on your device - do you have any other devices you can try using osu! on? does the problem persist?
Topic Starter
hdao

tsunyoku wrote:

if you can't switch to cutting edge, there isn't going to be a network log since it's only created when on that release stream. i'm not immediately sure but it sounds like it has to be something specific about the network configuration on your device - do you have any other devices you can try using osu! on? does the problem persist?
my network is not having any trouble, bc i have tested osu! on my friend computer today and it have no issue.
about my device network configuration: everything all set default, except the firewall bc i have turned it off to tested out if the game could connect to the game server. Weird thing here is i could use vpn to connect to the game before but now it doesnt work anymore.
tsunyoku
what about a different device on the same network? i understand your friend may be using the same ISP but i'm assuming not the same network?
Topic Starter
hdao

tsunyoku wrote:

what about a different device on the same network? i understand your friend may be using the same ISP but i'm assuming not the same network?
no, it the same network, he have his laptop bringing to my house today lol.
tsunyoku
hmm, ok. are you able to visit c.ppy.sh in your browser?
Topic Starter
hdao

tsunyoku wrote:

hmm, ok. are you able to visit c.ppy.sh in your browser?
yes.
https://imgur.com/a/xcK5VG2

oh, i forgot that when i follow the guide on the community forum post it show like this
https://imgur.com/a/Z67hedE
Blushing
Are you using any proxy network services or anything of the sort?

Does holding shift while launching osu!.exe bring up a text box in which you can switch the release stream from there? Does anything happen or is there any improvement on that end?

It looks like you aren't completely logged in either. have you attempted to log out and log back in to see if there is some disconnect on the server and the account?
Topic Starter
hdao

Blushing wrote:

Are you using any proxy network services or anything of the sort?

Does holding shift while launching osu!.exe bring up a text box in which you can switch the release stream from there? Does anything happen or is there any improvement on that end?

It looks like you aren't completely logged in either. have you attempted to log out and log back in to see if there is some disconnect on the server and the account?
> Are you using any proxy network services or anything of the sort?
i think yes bc i have use vpn

> Does holding shift while launching osu!.exe bring up a text box in which you can switch the release stream from there? Does anything happen or is there any improvement on that end?
maybe i'll note for future if this happen again.

> It looks like you aren't completely logged in either. have you attempted to log out and log back in to see if there is some disconnect on the server and the account?
i've tried and it wont work.

btw i just re-install windows and everything work just fine. Still dont know the thing causing the issue lol.
Blushing
So it’s completely fine now?
Topic Starter
hdao

Blushing wrote:

So it’s completely fine now?
yes, everything is fine now.