forum

My account name was changed, I don't remember changing it.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Assin_old
Problem details:
My account name was changed now it is [assin_old] but was [assin] for a long time. I don't remember changing it so what happened?
- Marco -

Blushing wrote:

You were gone from the game for long enough to have your username become up for taking. Someone took it and well you still need a username, so thats where _old comes from.

You can email accounts@ppy.sh explaining the situation and they should be able to help.
Topic Starter
Assin_old
You can email accounts@ppy.sh explaining the situation and they should be able to help.

Why should I email anybody if My nick was taken without any foreshadowing? The problem is on their side.

Not to mention predatory paid mechanism of Nickname changing.
- Marco -
I'm sorry but that's just how it is, me or the mods can't do anything about it.
Blushing
usernames are not meant to be a solitary confirmation of your account and a lot of services require people to contact the user support to require a name change, also quite a few services don't have leaderboards and history to preserve like osu! does, the paid service of a username change is a deterrence so that people can allow for influential people in the game to be recognized, staff to be recognized, and other important people.

contact accounts@ppy.sh or pay for the name change, there is no much else that can be done.