forum

Wrong native resolution

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
coconut__
Problem details:

Osu isn't detecting my right native resolution, I got a WQHD 3440x1440, but for some reason, in my settings, I can choose a 3840x2160 resolution. As for osu, it is telling me that the native resolution is 3840x2160 and not my original 3440x1440. So when i select my original (3440) resolution, everything is fine until I select any skin, and the skin isn't rendered on the right resolution. If i check the native one (3840), everything is right but it's just not my resolution, so everything seems so large and stretched.

And it seems that osu is overwriting my system resolution when I select another one, if I select the (native one) 3840x2160, it is changed for everything on this monitor.

You can check the screenshots of both resolutions.
The 3840 isn't at all wrong in the screenshot but in real life it's really stretched and not that good looking

https://imgur.com/a/RFZQZEp

you can see how in the right resolution, everything is fine except the skin (in game its fine also except the menu when you hit esc)

osu! version: Beta 20240513
- Marco -
It's probably because the aspect ratio is different to what the skinner used.
I never used a WQHD/4K screen so i'm not sure what the aspect ratio of those display are but you'll have to either find a skin with the same aspect ratio of your display or enlarge it yourself (it will probably look bad and pixellated tho).
Also, i'm not sure why it's suggesting that resolution instead of your actual one, perhaps it's stable being old and not having the newer display specifications
Topic Starter
coconut__
the problem is that i'm experiencing this with other games as well, the games are considering that my default resolution is the highest one which is detected by my laptop (3840x2560). I have no idea what to do I have tried everything
Blushing
If this issue is happening in other games then you need to check around the internet for solutions pertaining to your issue. Once that gets fixed, if it can be, then come back to osu! and see if it is still happening.

Not much we can do here until you can try and fix it on your machine and with other games.

Or you can just switch the resolution to one that fits the screen and skin and play with letterboxing.