forum

As far as FCing maps...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
Would it be better to retry right after you miss a note or if you miss a note just continue playing until the end of the song then retry the song?
[ Stellar ]
If it was the first time I'm playing that map and I want to FC it, I usually play it through once, then attempt to fc the next play.
If I played the map before, then I spam the retry button.

I limit myself to 6-8 retries, after that, I know I can't fc it :/
Layne_old_1

Evolvation wrote:

Would it be better to retry right after you miss a note or if you miss a note just continue playing until the end of the song then retry the song?
The latter. You will end up with a bad habit where you will miss a note in the middle of the song and then restart when you realize you could just practice the other parts of the song as well.
hehe
if you intend to fc it, start off with nofail or edit mode and check out the parts of the songs you have trouble with. get used to them and them from there just keep playing. until you are perfectly comfortable with the whole song there's no point restarting when you missed a beat.

usually i don't stop until i get tired or i am satisfied.
Rewben2
It entirely depends on the song. There's always specific parts on songs that I'm more likely to miss on compared to other parts, so if I miss on that part I will retry because I know it's the part I struggle with. But if I miss before that, I will keep playing until I pass the spot I usually miss on, because that's the part I struggle with, if that makes sense. tl;dr practice the parts you can't do

Another thing I do is edit the beatmap and erase all the beats before the hard part, so I can practice the hard part over and over without having to play everything prior to it.
deletemyaccount
You definitely want to continue playing just for further practice. In the end, the more you play the more you improve, right?
Although retrying does have its benefits, i believe it can improve accuracy(not to sure about this)

I pretty much got into the habit of chain retrying, bloating my playcount.
Noobsicle
retry as much as you want if you're confident that you can fc the song easily (within the first 5 seconds of starting the song)

i dropped the habit of retrying constantly because i feel that playing throughout the whole map (especially long maps) could benefit stamina

but i dont have any so gg