forum

Question about Intuos tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
knazze
i just bought the Intuos touch and pen, it just feels bad to play with, the cursor stutters alot and it's super slow.

does anyone know why ?
uzzi
Stuttering might be due to the fact you have the sensitivity higher or lower than 1.0x in game. Slow is probably because of the active area you have set for it.
Topic Starter
knazze

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Stuttering might be due to the fact you have the sensitivity higher or lower than 1.0x in game. Slow is probably because of the active area you have set for it.
I think i kinda fixed it , it was set to Pen mode i changed it to Mouse mode, it's way better but i still need to get used to it.

Thanks for your reply though.
PlasticSmoothie
Don't use mouse mode, it defeats the entire purpose of a tablet (you remover the absolute positioning, which is the entire reason why anyone ever buys a tablet)
Topic Starter
knazze

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

Don't use mouse mode, it defeats the entire purpose of a tablet (you remover the absolute positioning, which is the entire reason why anyone ever buys a tablet)
Then how can i make it faster and remove the stuttering ?
PlasticSmoothie
Go to your tablet's driver and make the active area smaller.
By stuttering what do you mean? does the cursor jump around without you moving?
Topic Starter
knazze

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

Go to your tablet's driver and make the active area smaller.
By stuttering what do you mean? does the cursor jump around without you moving?
no , if i hold it still it shakes without me moving it and how small should i make the active area ?
PlasticSmoothie
That's what I meant. If this only occurs in osu!, make sure your in-game mouse sensitivity is at 1.0x.
Also remember to turn off windows ink in tablet settings See my settings for reference.
Topic Starter
knazze

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

That's what I meant. If this only occurs in osu!, make sure your in-game mouse sensitivity is at 1.0x.
Also remember to turn off windows ink in tablet settings See my settings for reference.
Thanks a Bunch!!

i got it to work perfectly i just need to adjust the active area a bit better.

this is what my current settings looks like.

http://i.imgur.com/IUxnGyv.png

One last question, what is forced proportions ?
PlasticSmoothie
No problem, happy to help!

It forces your active area to be the same proportions as your screen - so it'll be 16:9 even if the area you set is 4:3. I recommend putting it on as it's easier to build muscle memory with that setting.
Topic Starter
knazze

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

No problem, happy to help!

It forces your active area to be the same proportions as your screen - so it'll be 16:9 even if the area you set is 4:3. I recommend putting it on as it's easier to build muscle memory with that setting.
Ok i will! :) :)