forum

New way to enjoy game (i think)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nayeeli
OSU!ASCENSION is a challenge or a new way to play osu!, which consists in passing maps of successively higher difficulty depending on the results.
The ceiling for the maps you can try to pass is set in the map search with the line " star<=x.xx ", where x.xx is the ceiling difficulty (starrate)

Don't forget to sort the map library by difficulty in both filters

Select a starting point

You can start your ascent from several points, all of them depend on "Recommended difficulty". You can find it under the search bar in the map library on the osu! website at beatmapsets.

Starting points:
Normal (Recommended difficulty)
Full (Recommended difficulty minus 1) - suitable for climbs with mods.
Fast (Recommended difficulty plus 0.5) - suitable if you are ready to jump in action.

Of course you can start at any other point, for example for a competition with a friend, these are just the 3 most comfortable starting points.

Extending the boundary

The limit that we set at the beginning of the Challenge can be increased based on your results. The boundary is increased by a certain value relative to the difficulty of the map on which the result was set.

!!! Counted passing only ranked maps !!!

List of results and values:
  1. SS - 0.25
  2. S - 0.2
  3. A - 0.1
  4. B - 0.05
  5. C - 0.01
  6. D/F - 0
Also good accuracy or max combo gives small bonuses:
95%+ accuracy - +0.05
98%+ accuracy - +0.1
FC (Up to 5 combos can be lost) - +0.05.

Example 1.
You passed a 4.64* map on "B" with 90% accuracy and no FC with a 4.71* border, then your score could raise the border to 4.69, but it's already higher, so the border doesn't change. But if you went through the map exactly the same way on "A", then the new bound would become 4.74*

Example 2.
You passed a 3.59 map on "SS" with a FC at a 3.8* border. You should calculate the new border as follows: 3.59 (Map difficulty) + 0.25 (SS) + 0.1 (98%+ Accuracy) +0.5 (Max combo) = 3.99* (it is higher than 3.8 so it is a new border)

Difficulty
I suggest several difficulty levels for more of a challenge.

Normal
Any pass counts.
The number of attempts is unlimited.

Hard
Passes with accuracy less than 90% are not counted (Do not increase the boundary).
The border can be lowered according to the following conditions:
If you fail on a map or pass it with less than 85% accuracy, the border is lowered to the level of the map below it (this map can no longer be passed until the border is raised again, even if its difficulty is exactly the same as the map below).
If you do not reach 90% accuracy in 5 attempts, the border is also downgraded to the level of the map below.

Expert
Passes with less than 92% accuracy do not count
The border is downgraded to the level of the map below after ONE failed attempt.

Border downgrading basically means you slowly going down map by map, but you can skip some maps if you dont want to play them

Mods
You can use mods on individual maps in your climb, but count the difficulty without additional mods to calculate the border.
You can also do the entire climb using a specific mod or combination of mods, then consider the difficulty with that permanent mod(s)

P.S.
So that`s it, I played like this for a while and it is kinda fun, so I wanted to share it with some people. Maybe it`s my adhd overcomplicating everything for no reason, but I wish some of you will try this and maybe suggest something to add or change
Eyeonized
osu!spreadsheet simulator
seifuku
new way to not enjoy the game
Eyeonized

seifuku wrote:

I think this is the wrong mindset to have. People enjoy the game in different ways and while I see this as too high effort for me, I think that its a very interesting way to play and that this might be tempting to some people
seifuku

Eyeonized wrote:

seifuku wrote:

I think this is the wrong mindset to have. People enjoy the game in different ways and while I see this as too high effort for me, I think that its a very interesting way to play and that this might be tempting to some people
jk