forum

[osu!web] Someone wants to impersonate me and change my osu! Account password

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuhang
Problem details:
Hello!
I suddenly received a letter from osu! today! The email from the team states that someone wants to change my password, but I haven't changed my password recently. I suspect that someone is trying to steal my account. I have already changed my password. Is there any way to make my account more secure! Account bound to Microsoft Authenticator

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
minnjae
Just ignore it. Password change requests can be made by entering the username so it may have been a mistake. Also, the only way for someone to change your password is by gaining access to the email associated with your account. And if someone impersonating you tries to get the email changed, staff obviously won't fall for it.
Lyawi
If your name is a common word in your language, that sometimes happen. But you don't have to worry about it :)
chromb
it's really easy to send one of these requests, you just need an email or a username, these can be safely ignored if you didn't make them.
Blushing
if the issue persists or if someone is continuously trying to get into your account you can email support@ppy.sh and they can advise better.

In the meantime, like the other people have said, it can be ignored.