forum

[resolved] [osu!web] osu beatmaps download speed suddenly drastically drop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IGiGZI
Problem details: my download speed of beatmaps in osu are suddenly really slow recently and only osu website is downloading slow while if i test my download speed on anything else it works fine i usually average 3mb/s but in osu right now i can barely get 20Kb/s ... , however when i used a VPN the download speed went back to normal , but i cant keep relying on using a VPN because the one im using is the only one that worked and it will expire because its a free trial so please help.
i tried also to change DNS to google and enable parallel download from chrome but it didnt work

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Blushing
If the download speed went back to normal when using a VPN it is most likely due to your region/ISP. Make sure they weren’t doing maintenance or something of the sort.

It is possible that the mirror for your region was down for a bit which caused the slow speed but I am unsure if you are still having this issue.
Topic Starter
IGiGZI

Blushing wrote:

If the download speed went back to normal when using a VPN it is most likely due to your region/ISP. Make sure they weren’t doing maintenance or something of the sort.

It is possible that the mirror for your region was down for a bit which caused the slow speed but I am unsure if you are still having this issue.
it got fixed on its own thank you !
looks like sometimes this happens randomly and gets fixed within a 2 days or smth i guess