forum

Monster Hunter series - help, showcases, & more!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Well but once it arrives you're probably going to feast upon the package and play it nonstop, haha.
Brb, 300+ hours (l000000000000000000000000000000000l).
Ciunek
300+ is nothing. I clocked over 500 on mhp3rd, friend I played online with got over 1000...
Also we finally managed to try online multiplayer. Lag for Europe to Central America was actually very playable (Poland to Panama), I didn't feel any delays or drops. We had to 3man Gore Magala though, timed out with just 2 of us. February can't come fast enough...
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Gore Magala is gonna be a nightmare on singleplayer...
Critical Dude

Blazevoir wrote:

Wait till you get to G-Rank ^_~
Also the controls and movement for the Switch Axe in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate feels a little slower and heavier than in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Critical Dude wrote:

Wait till you get to G-Rank ^_~
Just as long as it doesn't go LOLFRENZY24/7, I'm fine >_>

EDIT: Couple interesting articles:

Differences between playing MH4U on a 3DS and n3DS (I wonder how it looks on a XL)
Considered English names for the Insect Glaive
Ciunek

Blazevoir wrote:

If you plan to solo the ones from multiplayer quests, definitely lol.
The one in singleplayer demo wasn't THAT hard, but that SSJ2 mode hurts a lot. In multiplayer she actually could 1hit KO us with fireballs.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/nintendo_of_america_issues_a_fresh_batch_of_monster_hunter_4_ultimate_demo_codes

Just in case anyone from North America didn't get any codes the first time around.
Critical Dude
We have to play together guys at least once, osu! has no limits when it comes to other games! *Too hyped ATM*
NotEvenDoomMusic

Critical Dude wrote:

We have to play together guys at least once, osu! has no limits when it comes to other games! *Too hyped ATM*
This is actually a great idea
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Can't tonight; maybe tomorrow (my time).
Critical Dude
I forgot to say that I'll be busy all weekend but I have filled in the google document in the "Nintendo 3DS Club" thread.
VShine
12 days left... :)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Longer for me due to bundle being delivered to my house (I had no choice; I would've picked it up at my local GameStop otherwise).
Ciunek
Only one more week, the wait is killing me.
Played demo too much but at least I can hunt gore magalas in my sleep now.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
To anyone getting a n3DS/n3DS XL (including the MH4U special edition bundle) AND will be system transferring, please read this!

EDIT: You can get a free starter pack after you patch the game.
Ciunek
It's heeeeeere and IT IS AWESOME.
Just finished first Village Urgent, monster has some potential to roflstomp newbies.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
So next-screen-border kills are still apparently a thing... ._.

EDIT: Really now...
Why in the world would they script Gore Magala to casually go in front of the Dragonator? I could understand if it was in the same fashion as Jhen Mohran...
Ciunek
Probably because it was kind of a tutorial battle. Village quests seem to be filled with those. Still, it was quite stupid.
spoiler
That vid where Ace Hunters rammed Gore with the ship was 10/10 though.
Azure_Kite
So far I'm really enjoying the Insect Glaive, I'm gonna be maining the Switch Axe and that, I think. I really appreciate the extra mobility it allows you, and jumping over a leaping Congalala is freaking badass.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Ciunek wrote:

That vid where Ace Hunters rammed Gore with the ship was 10/10 though.
^ This. I honestly was caught off-guard when this happened.
Azure_Kite
Gore Magala is a darling little thing. The Frenzy Virus is it's own demise :D
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
SPOILER
I absolutely loved the Mewonster Hunters mini-game. Sure it was really simple (rock-paper-scissors), but it was so adorable xD
Gumpy
Wish it would come to more consoles.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
SPOILER
Jeez... As if Baleful Gigginox wasn't enough, apparently it had an offspring with the Rath family...
Ciunek
I hope I never have to fight Khezus again. On the other hand, got access to Urgent marked with 7* now, finally getting my old GS consistency back too and don't cart anymore \o/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Holy crap, you're fast... or have you been skipping the non-key quests?
Ciunek
Nope, pretty much doing anything (skipped 3 or 4 quests, doing them right now, turns out they upgade caravan) but I'm a NEET right now so just played the game too much. I didn't touch any Guild quests though, waiting for friend to get his copy.
Also good luck on last egg quest... took me around 35 minutes.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Ciunek wrote:

Also good luck on last egg quest... took me around 35 minutes.
Oh fun...
Azure_Kite
So far I'm on HR5 caravan quests and HR2 for the gathering hall. I've gone on a few expeditions and the like, but I wonder when I'll see anything OTHER than Velocidrome and Yian Kut-Ku in Guild quests.

At the moment I'm using Nerscylla Blademaster gear with Sharpening and a Hunger jewel to slot out the debuff. I've got a Stealth Glaive+ Insect Glaive. I'm half-tempted to farm Gore Magala for a while to get his IG and perhaps armour, but I'm really not sure I can be stuffed.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I'm basically where you are right now, except I've been grinding Rathalos (OH BOY, RE-EXPERIENCING THE JOY THAT IS THE PLATE). I want to move on, but I at least want sets for four of the five elements. Sure, I have to redo it again when I hit High and G Rank, but I haven't really made any other armor sets, so... (And I most certainly do NOT wanna fight the first "endgame" boss with nooby gear.)
Azure_Kite
Just had an "Aw yeah" moment when I cleared the Frenzied Tigrex mission without once getting infected. \:D/
Ciunek

Blazevoir wrote:

(OH BOY, RE-EXPERIENCING THE JOY THAT IS THE PLATE)
Wyvern Egg quest, got Rathian plate in rewards
Zinogre quest, carved off a plate
Shagaru quest, plate in rewards
I think my luck ran off for this month, gonna have fun with rubies/heavenlies.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Gimme some of your luck D= Anyway, anyone tried doing this yet? (Video isn't mine, btw.)

Azure_Kite
No! But that is amazing.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I just love how I can get tails now just from capturing.

EDIT: Note to self: don't place a Barrel Bomb L+ when one of your Palicoes is in mid-attack...

EDIT 2: Still can't really find a monster that tops this one for me
(via in-game screenshot)

Zinogre is life~ Zinogre is love~
Ciunek
Zinogre is my fav since the moment I fought him in p3rd first time, he's even more fun here. Never had problems with his (or about anything's) tails since it's basically my main job as GS. Also lol at that hunter tennis, it'll be fun launching people in the air or possibly on monsters' backs.
Also unlocked 8* now, finally got my first white sharpness too, so far blue was good enough though. Now I have to upgrade more swords, possibly elementals and focus on clearing everything.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
2fast4me

Seriously though, do you play nonstop?!
Ciunek
I think I clocked 40+ hours by now so yeah, I suppose so :P Got nothing much to do either way and quests take between 10 and 20 minutes most of time.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I don't even have 30... lol.

Anyway, we all need to play together at one point. I know it's still kinda early to ask this, so maybe in like one more week or so?
Ciunek
One week sounds pretty good, but I might not have anything good unlocked in online mode. I'd be hunting online already if my friend had his new 3ds/game... for some reason shipping stuff to Panama takes forever, ETA for that is around one week as well.
show more