forum

Getting used to tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheTransitFan
I recently ordered a tablet, which arrived today. Does anyone have advice on getting used to aiming on tablet/anything else that may help someone who recently purchased one?
ihaxcookies
im sure you heard this one a lot but start out by holding your pen the way you'd hold a pencil/pen when writing, as thats a grip you're already gonna be accustomed to. or if u want to experiment with different grips that fine too, as long as its comfortable to aim with and you can reach all 4 corners of the play field without losing control of your pen. when playing, depending on your area, use your wrist/arm to aim and not just your fingers. wrist/arm movements to get across the screen as its smoother and more consistent, and finger movements for micro stuff. for me im on the smaller area size so i just do finger/wrist movements. its all just about preference and comfort. you dont want your aim hand to start hurting after just an hour of playing. for finding an area, maybe copy the area of your favorite players and adjust from there (thats what i did), or just experiment with trial and error. i also dont recommend switching areas too often, try sticking with one for awhile.

thats all i can think of rn, its prolly not the best advice as im only a 5 digit but i hope it helped a little
Naiad

TheTransitFan wrote:

I recently ordered a tablet, which arrived today. Does anyone have advice on getting used to aiming on tablet/anything else that may help someone who recently purchased one?
Honestly I don't think there is much to say. As ihaxcookies said, just experiment. There are top players with any size of area you can think of, contrasting shapes (more squarish vs rectangular) and any grip you can think of.

Word of advice, though: use opentabletdriver, don't use the tablet company's drivers. they often have forced input delay and opentabletdriver gives you lots of options.
I AM VERY SMART
What tablet did you bought? Because depending on what you have, it might be good for you or not

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DYVfiSpQqdpa4sWWYUALPmliOIuGyKog7B7LJJdmlhE/edit#gid=2077726645
Topic Starter
TheTransitFan

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

What tablet did you bought? Because depending on what you have, it might be good for you or not

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DYVfiSpQqdpa4sWWYUALPmliOIuGyKog7B7LJJdmlhE/edit#gid=2077726645
I bought a Gaomon S620
Puppet
I think its just like trying anything new, you will get used to it over time