Total votes: 134
Polling ended
Topic Starter
0x84f
Main thread: [osu!mania] Project Loved: July 2024

katagiri - ch3rry by My Angel Koishi
205 – 297.25 BPM, 3:09 | 5.18★ – 7.21★

Captain's description (by YuEast 2018):
Introducing My Angel Koishi for their second osu!mania Loved pick with katagiri - ch3rry after 2 years!

My Angel Koishi's ch3rry is one of their most popular files, and it is no surprise to see that. It definitely has a lot of patterns that are very accessible to many players, such as chordjacks, and jumpstreams. Having this kind of charting can make newer players more accustomed to the more difficult patterns that they'll eventually have to play.

You can notice that the chordjacks are mapped more in the non-kiai sections, while jumpstreams are more evident in the different chorus sections of this file. What's also good about this map is how seamless the transitions from chordjacks to jumpstreams are executed, wherein they aren't too sudden, and still give you some ample time to recover in order for you to have your hands adjusted to playing those different patterns.

However, just because the patterning might not be the most difficult, it does not mean that the chart is going to be easy to play. Considering that most of the file tests how consistent you can be, it could give you some trouble if you come unprepared, especially if your fatigue eventually runs out. Not to mention, having to play chordjacks and then jumpstreams repeatedly for around 3 minutes can also lead you to mindblock this file, which is not something you'd want to have especially if you are very susceptible to having them.

If 1.0x is not enough for you, then you're in luck, as rates up to 1.45x are provided, and I am sure that a large chunk of the playerbase can certainly play up to that rate. From 205 BPM to 297 BPM, it certainly has a lot of BPMs to offer, to ensure that anyone of any skill level can have fun with such a file.

Overall, this is a chart that really encapsulates two of the most beginner-friendly patterning for 4K maps, which would be chordjacks, and jumpstreams/handstreams. Do you like these kinds of maps? Or how about the Sar4CORE series that My Angel Koishi has? Then don't forget to give it a vote!

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
nayeonie bunny
funny map
[-Omni-]
JAMMER
Topic Starter
0x84f
This map passed the voting! It will be moved to Loved soon.