forum

[resolved] [confirmed] [web] Old usernames are still used after name change

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luna
In thread overview:

In thread/profile/game/everywhere else:

Either I'm drunk, or those are different names. wth?
MillhioreF
Both of those users have gotten namechanges and had those namechanges reverted. Probably a bug with the namechange system.
TheVileOne
Speaking of name changes, at what point did it stop showing you past name changes when you hover over their username? Bug?
Topic Starter
Luna
Can someone confirm this then?
Nathanael
I'll confirm this as low priority.
Renamed subject from "Wrong username display in forums?!" to "[web] Old usernames are still used after name change"
Kodora
Oh, i remember i reported this long time ago lol.
Derekku

TheVileOne wrote:

Speaking of name changes, at what point did it show showing you past name changes when you hover over their username? Bug?
In one's profile? Like a year ago when a bunch of other profile changes were made. This replaced the text below their name.
Bara-
Is there a possibility this'll get fixed?
It still seems to happen (and I'm bumping this for it to get attention to this)
peppy
This will never get fixed if no one bothers to actually link an example.
MillhioreF
106/start=50 - second thread from the bottom, the user's name is WasteK rather than VelperK (he got a name revert). It no longer occurs, but users that were affected were never fixed. Very few users should have been affected in the first place since it only happened with name reverts, rather than users changing their own name.
Bara-
Same in the Dutch thread
There is user starting a thread with the name SHEPv2, while his old and current name is Balgon
Forum list displays SHEPv2, in-forum it displays Balgon
peppy
I'm running a maintenance task at the moment which will correct all remaining issues with stale usernames. It will take roughly 12 hours, after which this should not occur again.
Bara-
Okay
Also, does/did the maintenance cause this?

peppy
Cause what?
Bara-
It says latest post by Kurokami, with the color of your own (Darkish blue), while I made the latest post there

Edit: It seems fixed now