forum

[resolved] Wow...(Osu has an update but doesn't show it needs one?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Ok, so I updated to the version where osu! had the font changed, new option menu etc. And today, it said that there was a new update. So I look on the updater, and...there's no update? I mean, I've already updated to the one with the new font (the one that was released on the 15th of March) and by the looks of it, there is no reason to update? And yet, if it try to update, it gives me the error I got last time with osu apparenrtly running when it's not 'Killing Failed, please do it manually in Task Manager'. So I go to task manager again...and osu!.exe is not running, and no where to be seen. So I press ok, and then it's done it again 'Couldn't Close osu!'. This is starting to really piss me off, and I'm fed up of dealing this with everything single update, even though there is NO update for me.
Kemdo
Try running Osume directly from the osu! folder and update from there xD
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
Tried that.
TicClick
All I personally can suggest is: delete osu!.exe, redownload osume from http://s.ppy.sh/release/osume.exe and try again
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]
I'm sorry, but I do not want to do that again. The last time someone told me to do that, it all messed up, and everything got deleted.
TicClick
it could mess up only in case you were trying to nuke something else that is not osu!.exe or osume.exe
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

TicClick wrote:

it could mess up only in case you were trying to nuke something else that is not osu!.exe or osume.exe
But I wasn't! -_-
TheVileOne
Deleting it is safe. Reinstall it if you must.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

TheVileOne wrote:

Deleting it is safe. Reinstall it if you must.
You mean delete the whole folder and re-install everything again? Will I have to do this with every update? -_-'
TheVileOne
No. Deleting osu.db is safe. I wouldn't delete scores.db if you want to hold onto your local scores and replays. I don't know what presence.db is, but I'm pretty sure you can safely delete that, and osu will rebuild it when you run the updater.
Topic Starter
[ Pingu ]

TheVileOne wrote:

No. Deleting osu.db is safe. I wouldn't delete scores.db if you want to hold onto your local scores and replays. I don't know what presence.db is, but I'm pretty sure you can safely delete that, and osu will rebuild it when you run the updater.
Cheers Vile!
If only I got told this before. :P

I had to restart my PC though, which was annoying. xD