forum

Make "angle" snapping not default. [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
The new snapping method is useful, but it doesn't allow you to place hitobjects at very subtle angles. If one is mapping with grid snap turned off then imo the map would be using more curvy patterns than straight ones. Thus I believe this feature would be much better as non-default behaviour, and holding down ctrl should toggle it on instead of off.
Lybydose
erm....

(+) Added new editor snapping mode (guided distance no-grid snap). When holding shift to bypass grid snapping, you can now snap to 45 degree angle lines.Hold ctrl and shift to bypass this altogether.
Topic Starter
0_o
Oh.

Still though, I would prefer if the angle snapping wasn't default behaviour, and ctrl activated it instead. I wouldn't use this very often as I don't use too many straight lines in my maps, and I don't want to have to hold down ctrl throughout the entire mapping process.
varq
Support for it not being default behavior. I usually don't map to angles of 45.
Topic Starter
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
I have an idea for a new kind of grid/distance snapping. I'll work at it then publish it if it works out well. Stay tuned. ;P
peppy
Agreed that it should be off by default when distance snap is not selected, but it will still remain on by default when you are holding shift to bypass distance snap temporarily. Does this sound okay?
Topic Starter
0_o

peppy wrote:

Agreed that it should be off by default when distance snap is not selected, but it will still remain on by default when you are holding shift to bypass distance snap temporarily. Does this sound okay?
Um, do you mean grid snap? If so, sure :)

If not, then I'm a little confused :P
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201

peppy wrote:

Agreed that it should be off by default when distance grid snap is not selected, but it will still remain on by default when you are holding shift to bypass distance snap temporarily. Does this sound okay?
This sounds perfect. In fact, this was the first thing I tried when I couldn't get rid of the pesky line snapping.
peppy
(*) [peppy] Changed default behaviour of angle snapping depending on whether grid snap is temporarily or permanently toggled.