forum

[osu!stable] Audio lag in gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
full alt
Problem details:
I have disabled audio enhancements which did make a big difference, however there's still a small audio lag. I guess I could deal with it on nomod, but anything fast is completely unplayable since I rely on hitsounds to keep consistent tapping timing and just changing offset isn't a viable fix for me.

I found a few videos talking about going into the realtek driver and changing it to some generic one, however on my laptop that specific driver wasn't showing up. I even completely uninstalled and installed some realtek driver but the lag is still there.

Laptop is Acer Predator Helios 16, if that matters.

(Also it's not a laptop performance issue since it's way faster than my pc and I don't have any such issues on my pc)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
- Marco -
Are you using a bluetooth/wireless headset?
Topic Starter
full alt

- Marco - wrote:

Are you using a bluetooth/wireless headset?
The issue is there on both the laptop speakers as well as my wired headphone (razer blackshark v2 x)

I use the same headphone on my pc so hardware is obviously not the issue here
Polyspora
change the settings of your battery to high performance, see if anything changes.
Topic Starter
full alt

Polyspora wrote:

change the settings of your battery to high performance, see if anything changes.
I'm already using the settings that aim for performance and I have the laptop plugged in. Def not a performance issue since as I mentioned, I get way better gameplay performance on it than my PC anyways...

And this small audio lag seems to be a general issue for laptops considering I saw many people talking about having to change their current realtek driver to some generic one but those methods didn't work for me since the generic driver option simply didn't show up when I tried to follow along the video
Blushing
Do you have any audio enhancements on the drivers at all? If so, make sure to remove/disable them. Also if the Razer headphones come with anytype of software make sure that that isn't impeding on osu! or doesnt create a specific profile for osu!/games