forum

[SOLVED] Beatmap Thumbnail Won't Change in Game and It's Blank on Website

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kaiwh0
I uploaded the map with a different image and changed it, before updating the map. The background image is the new thumbnail, but next to the song difficulty it's the old one. On top of that, there is no image at all for the map on the webpage and I don't know how to fix either of these.

This is what it looks like in game for me (the new image is what's in the background, the old is what's next to the map difficulties)

and on the website page there is no image at all.

The map link in case:
beatmapsets/2212628#osu/4687860

I did go to the bt folder in my osu! files and tried to delete the old image and relaunching the game to see if it would update to the new image, but the old image reappeared.
August
Rename BG in .osu and mapset folder so it doesn't have korean characters
- Marco -

August wrote:

also note that it might take up to 2 days for the bg update to show on the site
Topic Starter
Kaiwh0

August wrote:

oh, thank you so much. The thumbnail updated for the website after removing the Korean characters, but the thumbnail in game next to the difficulties are still the same as the old, despite the changes made in the .osu themselves.
August
thumbnail in-game should work fine for everyone who has never downloaded the map before. If you want to fix it for yourself iirc you have to delete some sort of a file in your osu folder. I don't remember how it works exactly. Last time I had to do that was 4 years ago, maybe it's fixed by now?
Topic Starter
Kaiwh0

August wrote:

thumbnail in-game should work fine for everyone who has never downloaded the map before. If you want to fix it for yourself iirc you have to delete some sort of a file in your osu folder. I don't remember how it works exactly. Last time I had to do that was 4 years ago, maybe it's fixed by now?
Okay, I'm not too worried about it, but thanks for the help! I'll probably look around into finding a fix at some point, cause it's still the same. Thank you, again!