forum

make a #league channel

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +60
show more
Topic Starter
Maeglwn
that's like saying my opening post doesn't mean anything

the point being is that league is so much more massive and so much more of a presence than any other regular "video games" that it deserves its own channel solely because of the impact it has. nobody wants a channel for asteroids, people want a channel for league. why? because it's a presence. can you think of any other random games that have the impact that league does? cause I can't (excluding other mobas)
silmarilen
i still dont see how a game being played more than other games would make it have such an "impact" (what do you even mean with this?) that it would justify being given its own channel.
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

silmarilen wrote:

i still dont see how a game being played more than other games would make it have such an "impact" (what do you even mean with this?) that it would justify being given its own channel.
it's not just the fact that it's played more. I mean impact by how it changed the osu community. do you think that the community would still be the same if league didn't exist? if none of the streamers played osu inbetween games and garnered the massive amount of viewers and players that the game has now?

like I'm aware that you don't really go into #osu or #videogames but both channels definitely feel that whole "league player impact" that I've been trying to explain to you. if you're not understanding it, you should really go reread the OP, that's all I can say.
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

#videogames in a nutshell right now
Seph

Maeglwn wrote:

how it changed the osu community
???
vipto
This is osu!, not a public chat to discuss games like League. You can go to #videogames for that matter.
Coffee Hero

vipto wrote:

This is osu!, not a public chat to discuss games like League. You can go to #videogames for that matter.
You can, which is why I don't personally go to #videogames
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

vipto wrote:

vipto I will find you and force you to click circles for days on end until your eyes bleed
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Seph wrote:

Maeglwn wrote:

how it changed the osu community
???
????????
Pannari
In my opinion this would help for the daily #osu LoL flood.

Players / mods could just forward the discussions into #league.
Giralda
Please note I'm not against this in any way what-so-ever. But...

You are aware of how awful the League community is, but are willing to support a #league channel specifically for them. From past experience, League channels have often been pretty bad (prime examples being Twitch chats, which most of us are aware of how chaotic it can become, and League of Legends integrated group chats). My main concern is, do you think there are ways that we could prevent a #league channel turning into a chaotic mess every day similar to the above mentioned examples?
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Giralda wrote:

You are aware of how awful the League community is, but are willing to support a #league channel specifically for them. From past experience, League channels have often been pretty bad (prime examples being Twitch chats, which most of us are aware of how chaotic it can become, and League of Legends integrated group chats). My main concern is, do you think there are ways that we could prevent a #league channel turning into a chaotic mess every day similar to the above mentioned examples?
uh

moderate it? :P twitch chats aren't nearly as well moderated as osu is (as much as I hate to admit that because I think the mods here are bad 90% of the time)

have you seen #osu when Blaze is on? it's actually pretty okay when somebody's doing a good job.
Giralda
Okay take my stars. I entirely ruled Blaze out of the equation by accident. How stupid of me.
khan119
no stars but support

i play league myself and its a shitfuck community

let them circlejerk the shit out of their own chatroom
Bauxe

Maeglwn wrote:

Giralda wrote:

uh

moderate it? :P twitch chats aren't nearly as well moderated as osu is (as much as I hate to admit that because I think the mods here are bad 90% of the time)

have you seen #osu when Blaze is on? it's actually pretty okay when somebody's doing a good job.
For that, there will need to be a mod willing to moderate it.
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Bauxe wrote:

For that, there will need to be a mod willing to moderate it.
so there needs to be better mods

well damn that's never happening

on an actual note, there's probably somebody willing to moderate it. if not they can make new mods.cough loudly
Piine

Giralda wrote:

Okay take my stars. I entirely ruled Blaze out of the equation by accident. How stupid of me.
I chuckled a bit after reading this :D
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Sulker wrote:

Giralda wrote:

I chuckled a bit after reading this :D
well I mean it's completely true, blaze is the only mod in #osu that actually seems to do anything ever

or used to, now it's just a cesspool of bad
Topic Starter
Maeglwn
bumping. it's been like 2 weeks. or almost 3, wow
khan119
bump
Metal
bump
i'd totally shoot stars if i had em :^)
Kaitou Kid
you have my stars!
DeletedUser_4041880
You can just talk about League in the #videogames channel >_>
Kaeru
Oh dear god no. If you want to talk about league, go play league. Or use #videogames.. it's always empty anyways.
Mikelicious

Frostei wrote:

Kami Kun

Mikelicious wrote:

Frostei wrote:

1st ) If you don't speak english you can't. Because #videogames it's only english.
2nd ) There should be a #League Channel for many reasons, we don't want to have channels like #spanish full of people talking abotu lol.