forum

osu! IC Leagues!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
What it is:
Not everyone is always on the top of their game, so I have decided to record an "elo" that I have designed (similiar to the osu! IC Tournament ISR) that will give players an idea of just how consistent some of these other players are.

Why?:
Simple answer, PP only takes into account the best plays of any player, not all plays. By grabbing data from random multiplayer games we can get more 'accurate'* representations of a players skill. This approach does remove realtime updates as it is API driven.

(* I understand that Multiplayer isn't very accurate, but there is no way to give players an easy, 'in client' way of participating in this.)

WAIT! I mess around in multiplayer with my friends alot!
I have thought about this and there are a few safeguards in place to prevent significant elo drops in situations like these. Im also considering adding a "keyword" to prevent games from being used in the calculations.

Does it work?
Right now there are only 447 players in the database. This is after about 15 minutes of crawling. We will leave it running for a few days and see where things are.

Edit: 6 hours of running and optimizing and it actually CAUGHT UP to the MP rooms and slept for 15 minutes! It is staying almost real time. 1228.3 users added per hour.

I want to add to the database!
If you send me a PM I may send you information for adding multiplayer games manually, we will see how things go.

Link to the website:
http://osuic.com/leagues/

Coming soon:
Matchmaking is something I'm currently working on, I have a simple system that can match 2 players but nothing fancy... YET...

(Looking for a front-end web designer, PM me about it, no I can't afford to hire you, sorry :( )
Halogen-
This is pretty neat.

Are there any intentions to branch this system off for other game variations, or is this going to be strictly an osu!standard tool?
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Halogen- wrote:

This is pretty neat.

Are there any intentions to branch this system off for other game variations, or is this going to be strictly an osu!standard tool?
When I manage to get this stable on the "most popular" game mode I will start branching into other game-modes, starting with CTB, then Mania, then Taiko. Still running into little bugs here and there but most of them seem to be gone. (Very long games tend to give really long PHP Execution timers and that causes fatal errors which then skew results. Did some optimizing and haven't seen any fatal's in a while.)
silmarilen
i remember there used to be some kind of osu elo website some time last year but it died out pretty quick, we'll see how far this comes.
Multtari
Search function pls

inb4 "u think its done by smacking your head to keyboard?!!" No! I'm excited by this!
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Multtari wrote:

Search function pls

inb4 "u think its done by smacking your head to keyboard?!!" No! I'm excited by this!
Im just going to bed, I have been up working on the system for at least 11 hours, Ill be sure to add a find player function tomorrow.
Keeby
More ranking systems always seem interesting. Good luck with this.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
http://osuic.com/leagues/sigmaker.php
New sig maker available.
New rank lookup added.
XPJ38

silmarilen wrote:

i remember there used to be some kind of osu elo website some time last year but it died out pretty quick, we'll see how far this comes.
Yes, this one. It had several flaws, the main one being that it took every match's data and therefore resulted in meaningless rankings (in my opinion only the players who actually want to take part in the system should be followed to get meaningful rankings, not everyone). OP's system seems to be really similar to this one, I hope it won't make the same mistakes.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

XPJ38 wrote:

... (in my opinion only the players who actually want to take part in the system should be followed to get meaningful rankings, not everyone)...
Only players who actually want to have a pp rank should have a pp rank per your opinion.

The system is being used the way it is now to flesh out the actual calculations. When osu!SDK offers more options Ill add a client side add-on for matchmaking and then ranks will be calculated that way.
XPJ38

There wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

... (in my opinion only the players who actually want to take part in the system should be followed to get meaningful rankings, not everyone)...
Only players who actually want to have a pp rank should have a pp rank per your opinion.
No, I was saying this because your project is a third-party app that only few people are aware of. If it was fully integrated into osu!, then it's another story.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
Website redesigned! Should be cleaner and faster!
Yukiteru Amano
Can't wait for CTB :D
jesse1412
I lost 200 ranks for going afk for a map :( from front page to #200
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
Just a heads up guys, The system will most likely be getting a full wipe as some calculations are extremely off (for no apparent reason) meaning I have a bug somewhere.

I may just recode the entire crawler AND part of the algorithm.

When the recode is finished it will include Overall (All modes), Standard, and other game-modes (HYPE!). I may also have it check EVERY mp game instead of just the first 30 minutes of every room.

(Note: Please send bugs to my email: admin (at) osuic d o t com for the fastest response)

jesus1412: The current system tries to help good players get higher faster so there is no need to "farm" rank, unfortunately the current system needs to apply large losses in these situations to prevent exponentially increasing aggregated elo. I will try to add an "afk" check into the system.
PlasticSmoothie
This is really cool.
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
We are going to be down for updates. System may be down for a day or two.

Edit1: Testing a new algorithm. Game modes HAVE been separated but only standard is visible at this moment. Some functions on the website will not work.
Syden

PlasticSmoothie wrote:

This is really cool.
Seriously is. I'm not even surprised eemekal is #1, all he does is play multiplayer all day.
Sentient_DELETED
Needs a search function on the website I believe.
But nice job! :)
Syden

Manu-kun wrote:

Needs a search function on the website I believe.
But nice job! :)
There is. Rank Lookup
Piine
Is it just me or the sigs codes for CTB only shows your osu!standard one
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Sulker wrote:

Is it just me or the sigs codes for CTB only shows your osu!standard one

Nice catch! I updated the signature code, the signature generators code, the image link, but not the forum code. Should be fixed now.
Piine
An Addition onto that is users with regular permissions cannot post on the forums.

Still curious why SMF
JerseyJackal
I discovered this two days ago when I just randomly decided to browse the Development boards. Frankly, I'm shocked at my rank being so high... O.O'
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

Sulker wrote:

An Addition onto that is users with regular permissions cannot post on the forums.

Still curious why SMF

That was an oversight o.o;

I plan on doing a full integration of the forums, if not coding my own. We will see how things go.
Piine
I have an idea but it sucks so.... yeah nevermind :)
Howl
Uhm... It's crawling the same map from 1 day O_o
Vathlauss
Maybe use Leagues to Set up tournaments?
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

TheHowl wrote:

Uhm... It's crawling the same map from 1 day O_o
It froze on an error that I didnt catch until yesterday, it was frozen for a good 4 days. I updated the formula to handle players that don't exist and it runs again. I also unlocked the systems "uncertainty" but it needs tweaks.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose

BRBP wrote:

This is actually pretty cool, but I've no clue how this works. :P

How are the wins/losses counted? If you win a 6-player game, does it give you 1 or 5 wins? How does this thing decide your rank, by comparing the osu!ic rank of everyone in that multiplayer lobby? Does the play itself (SS on [easy] or SS on [insane]) matter?
The system is designed to test your skill against other players, not the maps themselves so its fair at all difficulties. A 6 player game nets you 5 wins. The algorithm for the system isn't going to be public, but I can say all the calculations are done internally, (it does not use your osu!Rank in any calculations anymore).
leepdesu
aww man... i have to play multiplayer?
:D jk
Icywolfs
this is pretty cool.

so was not expecting my rank to be so high.
Mamat
give me screenshot
Starz0r
Website is offline?
show more