forum

Seaching beatmaps in Osu!web. How to deal with the cap of 4000 Search Results in Osu!Direct

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
09LP
Easy methods to deal with the cap of 4000. and it works in Osu!web. I saw there are little to no answers to go around/solve this case. starting from the simplest form of searching to the best.

Method 1: Typing 1,2,3,4,5... (you have to type "0" for zero to work in Osu!direct)

Method 2: Typing A,B,C,D,E... AA, ZZ, AAA, AZZ...
It will search for the same word e.g. "AB" and words that have AB combinations like "able" or "collab".

Method 3, 5
3. Use any "common osu terms" like:
TV size, ver/version, Short ver, Cut ver, Long Ver, Edit ver, Cover, feat/feature,...

4. Use Difficulty names:
Beginner, Basic, Easy, Standard, Normal, Advanced, Hard, Hyper, collab, Insane, Extra, Expert, Extreme...

Genre names:
Video Game, Anime, Rock, Pop, Other, Novelty, Hip Hop, Electronic, Metal...

(The mapper can choose one type of Genre and then tag it with more accurate info about the song being categorized as, e.g. Genre is Metal and tagged with electronic, Jrock, breakcore...) it helps also search results immensely. and you see mappers tag the beatmap with everything can be related to it, resulting in unfamiliar tags in some cases.

5. Tag names:
This one will come in future updates. For now, it can be used if you know some tags. Learning more about them will be by reading the tag section in each beatmap to get an idea.

for me, I go to my favorite beatmap and see what tag is attached to it. Hopefully, mappers Tag beatmaps better for precise results.

Note:
", . / < > ? ; ' \ : " | [ ] { } ` ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & ( ) - _ = + . " Alone will work only on Osu!web Graveyard Maps except this * it works on other categories and in Osu!direct.

Worth mentioning:
As I'm writing this, the upcoming updates will Add "Tags" to beatmaps to further enhance the filtering experience, and some of the methods above might end up being shadowed to an extent. Excited to see how they will execute the Tag feature!

I will update you when necessary.
I AM VERY SMART
Thanks for all these methods, even though I'm just using the website w/ or w/o supporter lol
Topic Starter
09LP

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Thanks for all these methods, even though I'm just using the website w/ or w/o supporter lol
We can use wiki/en/Beatmap_search search filters to get wanted beatmaps to top it off with "selected filters" in Osu!web.

You can use it to your advantage in your future searches since the Tag feature is coming soon! These methods are still better, till the mapper's taggings are easier and more attractive than plain typing a filter/tag over and over again.
Topic Starter
09LP
When using Osu!web try "sort by" and select other filters to specify and find your desired beatmaps.