Purple
Making followpoints invisible may help you
nooblet

CookChefSteak wrote:

1. play story of my wife
2. you cant read ar10
3. play story of my wife again
4. no, you still can't read ar10
5. yes reading is the problem even if you do read ar10(and you don't trust me) you will probably firetruck yourself if you play any complicated ar9 patterns so no you can't read
6. play game have fun
7. story of my wife
8. stop playing ar10 maps you can't read them and you develop bad habits
Yes. YES. MORE OF THIS.

Also, grinding square practice maps may or may not help you. If you're doing them wrong then you're just digging yourself deeper down the hole. Like people here said, treat them like individual jumps and try stopping momentarily, don't flow through squares it just doesn't work that way.
NotCookie_old
disrgard squares, acquire ar10
Mismagius
stop playing bad maps
Topic Starter
shavit
Hmm Blue Dragon I made that thread because of your Atama no Taisou and Airman so lol

Purple wrote:

I'll try that tomorrow

CookChefSteak wrote:

1. play story of my wife
2. you cant read ar10
5. yes reading is the problem even if you do read ar10(and you don't trust me) you will probably firetruck yourself if you play any complicated ar9 patterns so no you can't read
6. play game have fun
7. story of my wife

Why the heck do you think that I can't read AR10? Because I'm a "casual Israeli" which is not Aqo, Tarix or you?

nooblet wrote:

grinding square practice maps may or may not help you. If you're doing them wrong then you're just digging yourself deeper down the hole. Like people here said, treat them like individual jumps and try stopping momentarily, don't flow through squares it just doesn't work that way.
I'll try
buny
ar10 isn't hard to read

neither is ar11

stop acting like only ranks above 30 can read it.
f i z i k
yea ar10 is only about shaping reaction and staying calm
well i learned squares by mostly playing ar10 i believe since it just forced me to read single notes instead of them all together
Rewben2

buny wrote:

ar10 isn't hard to read

neither is ar11

You think ar11 isn't hard to read? Well, it may be easy to read, but playing it is a different story...
Blueprint
Tell me though does being able to hit a square a few times row mean you can do squares, if so even I can do them xD can I clear the square jump map? noooooope just slap on ar 10 and focus on snapping the notes individually, overtime you'll get used to it and lower AR squares will be easier generally AR 10 singles are all reaction and no read.

I tell you what mind fk's me in 1 of the training maps it throw's in a set of Big Black slider boxes
thelewa

buny wrote:

ar10 isn't hard to read

neither is ar11

everything that you're good at, is easy

for you
Wishy

Shavit-sama wrote:

Hmm Blue Dragon I made that thread because of your Atama no Taisou and Airman so lol

Purple wrote:

I'll try that tomorrow

CookChefSteak wrote:

1. play story of my wife
2. you cant read ar10
6. play game have fun
7. story of my wife

Why the heck do you think that I can't read AR10? Because I'm a "casual Israeli" which is not Aqo, Tarix or you?

nooblet wrote:

grinding square practice maps may or may not help you. If you're doing them wrong then you're just digging yourself deeper down the hole. Like people here said, treat them like individual jumps and try stopping momentarily, don't flow through squares it just doesn't work that way.
I'll try
Being able to properly do Atama squares requires an insane amount of skill and reading, you are probably years away from being able to really read that.

From what I can see you also got a B on Terminal recently, there is no way to get less than an A on that map unless... well, you are not that good at reading AR 10 at all, I get a B on it and trust me on this I can't read AR 10 at all.
Topic Starter
shavit

Wishy wrote:

Being able to properly do Atama squares requires an insane amount of skill and reading, you are probably years away from being able to really read that.

From what I can see you also got a B on Terminal recently, there is no way to get less than an A on that map unless... well, you are not that good at reading AR 10 at all, I get a B on it and trust me on this I can't read AR 10 at all.
I mean, I can get to finish AR10 maps, I just get tired from streaming and that's another thing I work about by playing those stream practice maps in different BPMs everyday.
Kert
mittens every day
And learning to read well ar9 and less would be actually more helpful than ar10 in this case
CookChefSteak

Shavit-sama wrote:

Purple wrote:

I'll try that tomorrow

CookChefSteak wrote:

1. play story of my wife
2. you cant read ar10
6. play game have fun
7. story of my wife

nooblet wrote:

I'll try
Because you need to stop lying to yourself and playing bad maps because you can 'pass' them. You can read AR10 when you actually get good scores on those maps and read the patterns more so than you react to them. I don't lie to myself saying I can read AR10.3 too because I can pass 10.3 maps, it's the same. You need to play maps that are your level because you are just developing bad habits and you will end up like me, a player who can't aim for shit because all he did for 25k plays was pass ar10 and DT. So yeah maybe I can 'pass' 310bpm maps and 10.3 sometimes, but that doesn't make me a good player since I can't even FC some star stream maps and have shit reading skills.

If you want to keep saying to yourself that you're awesome and pro because you can pass easy ar10 maps, go ahead, do it, but you'll just end up screwing yourself over like I did and in a few months from now you'll be sorry you didn't practice maps that you can actually play and not just maps you mash through and pass. Do as you wish. I'm not saying of course that you should stop playing high AR and DT or whatever, it's fun, but if you tell yourself "oh I can mash through ar10 maps and pass so I must have good reading skills and don't need to practice" you're firetrucking yourself over.
nooblet

Shavit-sama wrote:

I mean, I can get to finish AR10 maps, I just get tired from streaming and that's another thing I work about by playing those stream practice maps in different BPMs everyday.
Personally, the only time I play those stream practice maps is just to get "into" a certain BPM and see how warmed up I am. Playing streamy maps was more comfortable for me. Streams also get hard when spacing is big/changing and it moves awkwardly (right-left, bottom-top), so you don't end up being able to press the keys but not able to follow it :P . It's also a lot more enjoyable to play maps. I'm not saying you shouldn't play the practice maps, but it isn't worth killing yourself on since there aren't any songs with streams like that anyways, even FD has breaks.
nyrox
Play anything you want. This is just general reading and aim skills, stop focusing on things until you learn the basics.

AR10 a shit.
Blueprint
stream practice maps gawd WTB stamina 10$
Izzypookins
Reading... I keep seeing this word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I got much better at squares by learning to stop on each one. Like someone said before, you can't treat it like a stream that you can float on by and just hit the button. You're changing your direction by 90 degrees.
buny

thelewa wrote:

buny wrote:

ar10 isn't hard to read

neither is ar11

everything that you're good at, is easy

for you
Well in general I am talking about the approach rate, not the maps design.
If you were to put a simple pattern with ar10, many people WOULD be able to do it

Maybe ar11 was a bit of a jump but I'd say ar10 is definitely something that anybody is capable of

It's like watching something fall off a table; you watch as it falls off but you don't have the reaction speed to catch it.
GoldenWolf

buny wrote:

It's like watching something fall off a table; you watch as it falls off but you don't have the reaction speed to catch it.
Catch the Be-- thing that falls off the table
Metro
Doing square jumps is all about snapping. To learn snapping you need to do two things:

1) force your mind to stop at every circle no matter how close it is to the next one and move swiftly from circle to circle.
2) learn to do it on low AR aka AR8 and maybe 7.

Learning AR10 or higher or changing tablet area will not matter at all. Squares are simply extreme note snapping and that is a basic skill that isn't easy to learn because your mind will always aim to do things the easiest way possible and to learn this you must consciously force yourself to do it.

When you are able to FC Masterpiece nomod you should be much better at all kinds of square patterns.
buny

GoldenWolf wrote:

buny wrote:

Catch the Be-- thing that falls off the table
where ctb originated from
Rave
hit the notes at the right time.
Soulg
but seriously

Doing square jumps is all about snapping. To learn snapping you need to do two things:

1) force your mind to stop at every circle no matter how close it is to the next one and move swiftly from circle to circle.
2) learn to do it on low AR aka AR8 and maybe 7.

Learning AR10 or higher or changing tablet area will not matter at all. Squares are simply extreme note snapping and that is a basic skill that isn't easy to learn because your mind will always aim to do things the easiest way possible and to learn this you must consciously force yourself to do it.

When you are able to FC Masterpiece nomod you should be much better at all kinds of square patterns.
/thread
SanicHegehog

Kert wrote:

mittens every day
And learning to read well ar9 and less would be actually more helpful than ar10 in this case
shoes on your hands provide better protection

buy sanic shoes today
nooblet

buny wrote:

Maybe ar11 was a bit of a jump but I'd say ar10 is definitely something that anybody is capable of
I'm nobody :(
Soarezi
Where do you need high AR anyways unless you are able to play that speed physically
neurosis

SanicHegehog wrote:

Kert wrote:

mittens every day
shoes on your hands provide better protection

buy sanic shoes today
you're like 3 years late on the sonic butchering thing
thelewa
sanic never gets old