forum

4100 smoothing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
detonatorlang
hey all, i recently got a wacom 4100 as an upgrade over my mouse. however, i noticed that on jumps or moving in sliders, the movement is choppy and has delay, unlike many other players whose aim looks responsive. i dont know if this is a problem with my aim, but i noticed that when i go to otd and tablet debugger, when i drag it still registers as hovering. does anyone know of a way to mitigate the smoothing?
https://imgur.com/a/oBNNB5h (hover distance is still 16 depsite me pushing down hard, theres supposed to be no smoothing when you drag)
I AM VERY SMART
Ngl I feel like there's more input lag with the CTL-4100 than with the CTL-472 (I have both tablet)

I don't even thing there's a way to mitigate the smoothing when you hover
Topic Starter
detonatorlang
i just think you have to get used to it lol. many top players have smoothing filters and stuff on so im just trying to grind out my aim. smoothing has gotten better for me idk why i think i was just mindblocked
Naiad

detonatorlang wrote:

i just think you have to get used to it lol. many top players have smoothing filters and stuff on so im just trying to grind out my aim. smoothing has gotten better for me idk why i think i was just mindblocked
I guess? But the fact that when you drag it registers as hovering is still vaguely concerning to me, although I am not a tablet developer.
I AM VERY SMART

Naiad wrote:

detonatorlang wrote:

I guess? But the fact that when you drag it registers as hovering is still vaguely concerning to me, although I am not a tablet developer.
Even from there, it says the tablet is not recommended

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DYVfiSpQqdpa4sWWYUALPmliOIuGyKog7B7LJJdmlhE/edit#gid=2077726645
DM FOR MUTUAL
I remember playing with a 4100 before switching to a 472 and I couldn't really feel a difference as a drag player. While hovering I could tell there was smoothing though. Maybe try playing around with the pen nib or giving the pen a good smack on the table and see if that fixes it, because if it never registers as dragging it's probably not working properly.