forum

How do I (efficiently) do keysounding?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rematyar
I'm new to do this kind of thing and is interested to learn more. I'm currently mapping a map with lots of piano sounds on the background and thought it would be cool if I could keysound (at least) half of the map.

I'm using 3 layers of sound, so there's a lot of files (and possibly duplicates, too). And I'm wondering if there's a way to "merge" those 3 layers or should I just not care and have hundreds of .wav in the folder? Is this how keysounded beatmaps usually looks like?

https://imgur.com/RtPIwVH
McEndu
While .wav is acceptable for simple soundsets, it is very inefficient when used for keysounding (easily preventing beatmap upload), so I strongly suggest batch transcoding all the sound samples to ogg with your favorite audio converter (I use FFmpeg), then backup and delete the wav files.
Topic Starter
rematyar

McEndu wrote:

While .wav is acceptable for simple soundsets, it is very inefficient when used for keysounding (easily preventing beatmap upload), so I strongly suggest batch transcoding all the sound samples to ogg with your favorite audio converter (I use FFmpeg), then backup and delete the wav files.
Okay.
[[[[[[
i've seen ranked keysounded maps with duplicate files like you said b4 so i think you're ok