forum

[osu!std] [COE] YokesPai’s Extravagant Accuracy Sightread Tournament (YEAST)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YokesPai

tl;dr

1. Open rank, international, but only COE-attendees can qualify
  2. Accuracy battle royale format, Sv1
  3. Qualifier has 5 maps, not sightread
  4. Battle royale has 7 maps, sightread, 2 players at a time
  5. Gimmicks! All 7 maps have a forced storyboard!
  6. Skillsets focus on reading over mechanics

Information

1. This is a sightread battle royale tournament consisting of up to 16 players after qualifiers.
  2. This is an osu!std, score v1 tournament with accuracy win condition.
  3. The battle royale will take place on 2. August from 12:00 to 14:00, and then from 16:30 to 17:30 (UTC+2) with up to an hour of extra time if needed.
  4. There will be a qualifier stage prior to the battle royale, hosted online.
  5. Staff and viewers* are not allowed to participate.
  6. This is a tournament for COE-attendees. The battle royale will take place in the venue, on the streamer stage. You may participate in the qualifier anyway, but you cannot qualify for the tournament if you're not attending.
  7. To participate, fill the registration form, and join the Discord. You must play the qualifier pool on your own, and you can find further instructions in the Stage Rules below or in the Discord server.

*Since this is sightread, but with two players at a time, they cannot see the map be played by other players before they go on stage themselves, viewers can watch from the start though.

Schedule

1. REGISTRATION/QUALIFIERS: 5th July - 28th July 16:00 UTC
  2. BATTLE ROYALE ROUND 1, 2 and 3: 2nd August 12:00-14:00 (UTC+2)
  3. BATTLE ROYALE ROUND 4, 5, 6, and 7: 2nd August 16:30-17:30 (UTC+2)
  4. There will be some extra time if needed in case the event goes overestimate.

Stage Rules

Registration/Qualifier
  1. The qualifier pool consists of 5 maps. 3 Nomods, 1 Halftime and 1 Flashlight, which vaugely represent skillsets needed for the battle royale.
  2. This mappool is played in a custom order, [NM1, FL1, NM2, HT1, NM3]
  3. Each player will get one playthrough. You can tag along with others, but there are no dedicated referees, so one of you must take the role as a self-referee.
  4. The pool is released along with this forum post.
Seeding
The seeding will punish worse scores and does not prioritize rewarding the best scores per map, as the battle royale format only punishes the worst performing players. Therefore I have made a modified sigmoid function for the seeding.
It is as follows:
2 - 2/(1 + 100*e^(-0.25x))

where x is your map placement.
The sum of your points per map is your final seeding.
Battle Royale
  1. The event will have 7 maps total, all sightread.
  2. The maps all feature a storyboard which will be turned on with 0% background dim. You are allowed to use your own skin.
  3. There will be dedicated setups at the event, you cannot play with your own setup.
  4. Two players will be named and must go on stage to play the map, with no warmup allowed after they're called. Remaining players who have not played the current map must leave until they're called, to keep everything as a sightread.
  5. Players who get the lowest accuracy get eliminated per stage as follows:
    1. First Stage: 16 players, 4 eliminated.
    2. Second Stage: 12 players, 2 eliminated.
    3. Third Stage: 10 players, 2 eliminated.
    4. Fourth Stage: 8 players, 2 eliminated.
    5. Fifth Stage: 6 players, 2 eliminated.
    6. Sixth Stage: 4 players, 2 eliminated.
    7. Final Stage: 2 players, 1 eliminated.

Prizes

Winner
A banner? (TBD)

Runner-up
A banner? (TBD)

Staff

Host: YokesPai
Graphics: YokesPai
Streamer: COE Streamer Team
Mappers: Aery, Doomsdaddy, Doomsday, melon boy, Mr HeliX, YokesPai
Playtesters: bad boy, Best459, ChillierPear, chiv, conradmittn, Deppyforce, jackylam5, Luscent, Mejir0 McQueen
Spreadsheeter: YokesPai

Thank you so much to COE staff for this opportunity!
Qumania
I'm not bringing my setup... I would have loved to play!!! A friend will share me his setup for the tournament >///<
Topic Starter
YokesPai

Qumania wrote:

I'm not bringing my setup... I would have loved to play!!! A friend will share me his setup for the tournament >///<
You don't need a BYOC ticket, the streamer stage has 2 dedicated setups! So you won't be able to use your own setup even if you do have a BYOC ticket.
Willi
hell yeaah
Jun Maeda
Epic
janmagtoast
this is cool!