forum

Need Help With Difficulty Spread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gelps262
I Recently watched a video on info on how to get your map ranked and it mentioned "difficulty spread" i read up on the ranked criteria and couldn't find it, does anyone know what spread id need for a map which is 3:17 long? (dont have any info on drain time but defo atleast 2:30 and up)

Thanks
McEndu

osu! ranking criteria wrote:

1. If the drain time of each difficulty is...
    1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty cannot be harder than a Normal.
So you have to map all the way to Normal. If you map Mania the spread criterion is a lot more relaxed, though.
Topic Starter
Gelps262

McEndu wrote:

osu! ranking criteria wrote:

1. If the drain time of each difficulty is...
    1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty cannot be harder than a Normal.
So you have to map all the way to Normal. If you map Mania the spread criterion is a lot more relaxed, though.
just making sure thats just easy then normal or am i missing any?
McEndu
From Normal to hardest diff. Just Easy diff is technically rankable, but imo no BN will consider it unless it's a lullaby or music box track :shrug:
Topic Starter
Gelps262

McEndu wrote:

From Normal to hardest diff. Just Easy diff is technically rankable, but imo no BN will consider it unless it's a lullaby or music box track :shrug:
Alright Thx
YyottaCat

McEndu wrote:

RC:

The highest difficulty of a beatmap should correspond to the general feel of the song. Easy/Normal difficulties can be used as a lone difficulty of a beatmap if their rhythms are not oversimplified. A Hard difficulty or beyond should be included otherwise.