forum

[OSU Lazer] Moving a difficulty to a new beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lytalm
Hello, I'm a new mapper and I started to make a map difficulty using an existing song that I took from the beatmap listing (that wasn't my own). The problem now is that this difficulty is now "linked" to that beatmap and I can't figure out how to transfer it to a beatmap that is mine so I can upload it.

I found this thread (https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/555624?n=3) about a similar situation but I don't think the song folder on my PC is organized like that anymore. I've read other threads but they mostly are about someone wanting to move a difficulty from their own beatmap, not someone else's.

I tried deleting every difficulties other than mine and exporting it, but then it just overwrite the original beatmap when I reimport.

I am not sure if there's any way I could save my difficulty without redoing it manually on my own beatmap that I would create. My difficulty was practically done and fully playable so would be a good chunk of time to do so.

Thanks in advance for being able to answer this confused noobie map maker.
Peni
Well, if u want to upload ur beatmap you're gonna have to export and import it into stable anyway, cuz the beatmap submission system has not yet been implemented in lazer.

So yeah, export as .osz, drag it into stable, delete all the other diffs, and if it won't let u submit it, try this

nice pfp btw
Topic Starter
Lytalm
I will try that, I appreciate the help thanks!

P.S. : Maomao is the best.
[TCD] Dzar03
Im not an expert in Lazer, could be better If you can do it in stable

1. Find the audio file of the map you mapped on it
2. Create a new mapset from that audio file, you can drag the file into osu icon on your desktop's taskbar
3. Copy the .osu file of your map to the new folder, where you set is just created in the previous test
Hope this will help you