forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 15.5: Anti-Jumps

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
18.82%
15.59%
18.28%
18.28%
1 - Hate them!
29.03%
Total votes: 186
Topic Starter
m980
Round 15.5: Anti-Jumps

Nominated by Seibei4211. Consists of a normal pattern, followed by a stream of notes with half the spacing than the previous beats (Can be a seperate combo).

Map(s)
Beautiful Day - Bride in Dream

~Mapping Technique Nominations~
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
Depends only on the song being mapped. Does it slow down when this technique is used? If yes, then it's okay. If not, then what lukewarmholiday said.
Derekku
Not as bad as regular anti-jumps, but these almost always look like streams when sightreading, so they can be a bitch. Giving them a 2 instead of a 1 only because I've actually seen them used decently in a few maps.
rust45
I'm fine with this when used at the same time as .5 sliders and the slider was played first, cause then half spacing makes sense. Otherwise, it just sucks and is a dick move.
Xgor
Edit:I didn't realise that this was about 1/4 steams :P
Gave it 4 now because it's far more fun than 1/4 stacks and that some of my maps has it!
Lybydose
Only if it's in a really obvious "slow BPM" part, but then it isn't really anti-jumps, it's just a section with lower spacing.
Seibei4211
God damn, FFFanatic anti-jumps are so horrendously fun.
GabrielRKF
No. Hate it D:
YGOkid8
At least these aren't as bad as Sebei4211's style

4*
Gens
If it starts with a slow slider and the song fits, sure. Otherwise, no.

Changing my vote to a 3...
theowest
Should only be used with 1/1s :v
theplayerbeta
They look like streams, but then...... you fuck everything!
4/5 because i like that "fucking" fact (?)
Kuro Fuyusaki
no problem, it's nice on some songs, 5 :D